Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:46 PM
Banned

Now he says it's a constitutional issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....k-mandate/amp/
Old 09-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggs098 View Post
Now he says it's a constitutional issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....k-mandate/amp/
Compared to the firehose of lies from your big daddy, Don the Deadbeat?

Please...
Old 09-09-2020, 07:35 PM
Admin

"For weeks, the mantra of the data nerd has been that President Trump can still win reelection. The Democratic nightmare scenario — Trump loses the popular vote but again wins the electoral college — is very much still on the table.

But the same statistical models that show a path for Trump also outline an oft-overlooked possibility: an outright landslide for Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

The chance of a massive sweep by the former vice president is a reminder that for all the Democrats present this election as a choice between more Trump and a return to normalcy, there’s another possibility on offer. If Biden turns out voters in numbers that give him a huge victory, they may well elect a Congress and state officials eager and able to enact a sweeping progressive agenda.

The numbers are clear. The average outcome produced by an election simulator I recently built (you can learn more about it here) gives Biden 319 electoral votes. Trump still has a chance in this model — he wins about 1 in 5 of the scenarios generated. But in roughly 10 percent of the model’s simulations, Biden earned 400 or more electoral votes. In these cases, Biden easily sweeps swing states such as Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, Arizona, North Carolina and Wisconsin and reaches deep into red territory to get electoral votes from states such as Georgia, Texas, Iowa and Ohio. In the sunniest simulations, Biden wins enough rural White voters to grab deeply Republican states such as Alaska or South Carolina. Trump mostly keeps his base — Appalachia, the Interior West and the rural South — but those states alone don’t come close to cracking 200 electoral votes.

That might seem outlandish, considering that Obama won only 365 electoral votes in his massive 2008 victory. But Biden has a bigger lead now than Obama did at this point in 2008, and he’s competitive in big red states such as Texas and Georgia. That’s why my model — as well as those from FiveThirtyEight and the Economist — see 400 or more electoral votes as an optimistic but plausible scenario for Biden.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ge%2Fstory-ans

Biden over 400? Sounds good to me, this country needs to repudiate unequivocally everything about Trump and his vile bigotry.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:15 PM
Ready

Every electoral vote over 270 represents down-ticket strength that makes the Senate blue!
Old 09-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Every electoral vote over 270 represents down-ticket strength that makes the Senate blue!
What this country needs is a thorough Californication, good and hard. Fair elections mean we have an almost 2/3 majority in the state legislature and the Devin Nunes's of this state represent mostly sagebrush and horned toads in the central valley. I'm hoping for enough gains in state legislatures to correct some of the gerrymandering done a decade ago.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
What this country needs is a thorough Californication, good and hard. Fair elections mean we have an almost 2/3 majority in the state legislature and the Devin Nunes's of this state represent mostly sagebrush and horned toads in the central valley. I'm hoping for enough gains in state legislatures to correct some of the gerrymandering done a decade ago.
A Californication is exactly what we'll need because any Repubs not up for election yet will try to throw as many wrenches into the works as they can.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
A Californication is exactly what we'll need because any Repubs not up for election yet will try to throw as many wrenches into the works as they can.
2018 was a good indication, imo. There is a silent majority and she's not having this t'Rump.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:49 AM

Indeed 2018 was a good indication. That's why the Repubes are trying their best to act like it never happened.

Joe needs to be more fired up and go after tRump on lying about Covid-19. Remind everyone that so much of the damage, the lives ruined and lost is because tRump lied to save his hide.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:33 PM

Food for thought;
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/o...miliation.html
Old 09-15-2020, 07:05 PM

Scientific American backs Biden for its first presidential endorsement in 175 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/scien...can-joe-biden/

Quote:
In an urgent and impassioned editorial first published online Tuesday, the editorial board endorsed former vice president Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee, calling him the candidate “who is offering fact-based plans to protect our health, our economy and the environment.”

It was a striking move for the oldest continuously published magazine in the United States and one its editor in chief, Laura Helmuth, said was both carefully considered and entirely necessary.

Four years ago, the magazine flagged Donald Trump’s disdain for science as “frightening” but did not go so far as to endorse his rival, Hillary Clinton. This year, its editors came to a different conclusion.
I grew up reading the beloved SA, especially loved The Amateur Scientist column. I definitely share their disdain for the dangerous anti-science dimwit current occupant of the Oval Office.