Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:24 PM

I think the game is called "let's see if we can insult everyone in the world in one year", this trump administration that is. New Hampshire, a "drug infested den"...

Trashing our country while speaking to the president of Mexico no less.

LOL

Can you imagine the fucking outrage from the right if Obama had done this?

Instead the right just grits its teeth and says nothing....just like they do with the constant lie after lie after lie after lie that comes outta trumps mouth. The right, they say nothing as if the president constantly lying (and profiting off his position) is just an AOK thing.

Is it you RW folks? Are you all really A-OK with this?
Old 08-03-2017, 03:31 PM

I am amazed we have done nothing about protecting the United States Of America from hacking. From voting to power grids we do nothing, just like there is no problems. We aren't even prepared to deal with much of anything like N. Korea, or terrorists going on some spree whether cars, 9-11 @ WTC, shutting down our power grids. WTF is this anyway? We are just getting fleeced by the powers that be, especially Agent Orange milking the system for all he can. I won't even start on our laws that enable M.E. terrorists to buy guns as easy as Wayne La Peeair can.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
I am amazed we have done nothing about protecting the United States Of America from hacking. From voting to power grids we do nothing, just like there is no problems. We aren't even prepared to deal with much of anything like N. Korea, or terrorists going on some spree whether cars, 9-11 @ WTC, shutting down our power grids. WTF is this anyway? We are just getting fleeced by the powers that be, especially Agent Orange milking the system for all he can. I won't even start on our laws that enable M.E. terrorists to buy guns as easy as Wayne La Peeair can.
I strongly suspect that the reason nothing is being done is because both parties have been manipulating the machine vote count for many years and protecting the voting grid might cut off that gravy train...

Between gerrymandering and partisan control of our entire voting process, I doubt very much that our elections even remotely represent the will of the people.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:29 PM

The ugly history of Miller's "cosmopolitan" epithet.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...epithet-215454
Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post

Can you imagine the fucking outrage from the right if Obama had done this?

I think this is what drives me nuts the most about all this....if Obama had even done a third of the stuff that Trump has done those on the right would be having fits.

.... and can you imagine what would have happened had Hilary won and she put Chelsea and her husband in key white house positions!!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The leaked phone call transcripts reveal just what an incompetent narcissistic ass Trump truly is. His support has dropped to 33%, but even that historically low approval is far too high, showing how many people just aren't paying attention.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ico-narcissism
Incredible, U. S. foreign relations and policy being steered to feed this man's bullshit fueled ego.

Last edited by Pio1980; 08-03-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Admin

In spite of Trump's ugly and vicious treatment of transgender folk, a number of police chiefs and mayors across the country have rallied to their defense and offered jobs.

'Police Say They Welcome Transgender Recruits Even if Trump Doesn’t' NY Times

"In the week since President Trump declared that transgender Americans would no longer be allowed in the military, some municipal officials have responded with an invitation: join our police force instead.

Several cities — including Houston; Austin, Tex.; Aurora, Colo.; and Cincinnati — have encouraged transgender people to apply to their police departments. In Austin, San Diego, Seattle and other places, transgender officers already serve openly.

“If you are dismissed from our military because of who you are, know that you are welcome in the city of Cincinnati and our police department,” Chris Seelbach, a city councilman, said at a protest last Wednesday in response to Mr. Trump’s announcement.

Mr. Trump revealed his ban in a series of three tweets from 8:55 to 9:08 a.m. on July 26. By the evening, two cities in Texas — where state lawmakers have been engaged in a high-profile debate over whether transgender people should be allowed to use the public bathrooms of their choice — had declared themselves in opposition to the ban.

Mayor Steve Adler of Austin, a Democrat, posted his own series of three tweets, inviting transgender people dismissed or rejected from the military to apply to the Austin Police Department.

“If you’re qualified to keep our country safe you’re qualified to keep Austin safe,” he wrote, adding, “Austin is the safest big city in Texas partly because we know our differences make us a stronger community.” NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/u...-article-click
Old 08-04-2017, 12:34 PM

Trump real estate deal looks like criminal tax fraud. Hope it lands the entire corrupt family behind bars, where they so belong.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...e25_story.html
Old 08-04-2017, 12:38 PM

This is way too funny. And truthful.
http://www.newsweek.com/2017/08/11/issue.html
Old 08-04-2017, 12:50 PM

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/08/11/d...on-643996.html