Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Between two consenting adults? Not much.

Very different than Donny’s numerous sexual assaults, and rape of a 13 year old.
According to your logic there is no problem with Harvey Weinstein.

Those women who prostituted themselves to get a part should just pipe down.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:39 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
According to your logic there is no problem with Harvey Weinstein.

Those women who prostituted themselves to get a part should just pipe down.
Are you suggesting people will lower themselves to gain favor with an employer? I thought that could only be done through "hard work"?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:39 AM

The journal of the conservative establishment is now being called “fake news” by Sarah Sanders. They are holding their ground. Who’s next, Fox?

The Wall Street Journal
@WSJ
We have reviewed the audio from our interview with President Trump, as well as the transcript provided by an external service, and stand by what we reported. Here is audio of the portion the White House disputes. (link: http://on.wsj.com/2r4IW2z) on.wsj.com/2r4IW2z
Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 PM

Watched Jeff Flake summarize this on one of the news shows this morning. Great that this will be on the record in the Senate, the same day the Idiot in Chief will be handing out his phoney “fake news” awards.

“Mr. President, it is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own president uses words infamously spoken by Josef Stalin to describe his enemies," Flake plans to say in the Senate remarks.

"It bears noting that so fraught with malice was the phrase 'enemy of the people,' that even (later Soviet leader) Nikita Khrushchev forbad its use, telling the Soviet Communist Party that the phrase had been introduced by Stalin to for the purpose of 'annihilating such individuals' who disagreed with the supreme leader," Flake will say.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Admin

'Meet the 24-year-old Trump campaign worker appointed to help lead the government’s drug policy office'

"In May 2016, Taylor Weyeneth was an undergraduate at St. John’s University in New York, a legal studies student and fraternity member who organized a golf tournament and other events to raise money for veterans and their families.

Less than a year later, at 23, Weyeneth, was a political appointee and rising star at the Office of National Drug Control Policy, the White House office responsible for coordinating the federal government’s multibillion dollar anti-drug initiatives and supporting President Trump’s efforts to curb the opioid epidemic. Weyeneth would soon become deputy chief of staff.
His brief biography offers few clues that he would so quickly assume a leading role in the drug policy office, a job recently occupied by a lawyer and a veteran government official. Weyeneth’s only professional experience after college and before becoming an appointee was working on Trump’s presidential campaign.

Weyeneth’s ascent from a low-level post to deputy chief of staff is the result, in large part, of staff turnover and vacancies. The story of his appointment and remarkable rise provides insight into the Trump administration’s political appointments and the troubled state of the drug policy office.

Trump has pledged to marshal federal government talent and resources to address the opioid crisis, but nearly a year after his inauguration, the drug policy office, known as ONDCP, lacks a permanent director. At least seven of his administration’s appointees have departed, office spokesman William Eason said. Among them was the general counsel and acting chief of staff, some of whose duties were assumed by Weyeneth, according to a memo obtained by The Washington Post." WP

continued here https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.eda91429d36f

Trumpf only hires the "best" people, eh?
Old 01-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The journal of the conservative establishment is now being called “fake news” by Sarah Sanders. They are holding their ground. Who’s next, Fox?

The Wall Street Journal
@WSJ
We have reviewed the audio from our interview with President Trump, as well as the transcript provided by an external service, and stand by what we reported. Here is audio of the portion the White House disputes. (link: http://on.wsj.com/2r4IW2z) on.wsj.com/2r4IW2z
"PALM BEACH, Fla. — President Trump on Sunday morning ratcheted up a dispute with The Wall Street Journal, accusing the newspaper of purposely misquoting him as saying in an interview that he has a good relationship with the leader of North Korea.
In two tweets from his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., the president applied a familiar denigrating term — “fake news” — to a Journal report on Thursday that said Mr. Trump had boasted during an interview: “I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong-un. I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised.”
Mr. Trump insisted that he had actually started his sentence with the contraction “I’d,” not “I,” which would change the meaning from a surprising boast of an existing relationship into a prediction that he could have a good relationship with the dictator if he wanted it." NY Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/14/u...T.nav=top-news

Too damn funny. It's like watching snakes eating their own.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

From the cover of the leading German news magazine:

"In the age of Fire and Fury"
(a spoof on the March of Progress)

Last edited by finnbow; 01-14-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:56 PM

"I probably get along with my next door neighbor."
Nobody talks like that, makes no sense.

Now if I'd never spoken to my neighbor, and someone asked how I thought we might get along, "I'd probably get along with him" would make sense.

I listened to the recording, hard to say if it was "I" or "I'd". But seems to me if it's unclear, a reputable news outlet would seek clarification, and if they failed to do so, would at least acknowledge the possibility they got it wrong, given that the phrasing they chose makes no sense in the English langauge standard re present tense vs future tense.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:00 AM
Ready

Except who expects Trump's diction to make sense?

Even you would sound much smarter if we assume an obligation to replace what you actually say with better stuff....
Old 01-15-2018, 09:08 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

By any metric to measure vocabulary, using more than a half dozen tests with different methodologies, Donald Trump has the most basic, most simplistically constructed, least diverse vocabulary of any President in the last 90 years. This is by a statistically significant margin in each case.

https://factba.se/blog/2018/01/08/st...o-to-the-data/

No wonder Zero and Whell identify with their Dear Leader so readily.