Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Twodogs's Avatar
Twodogs Twodogs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 2,460
When does the economy

belong to the Dems? Is there a set amount of time that they can blame Bush? I would think that with the white house and a super majority, they will eventually have to own it. I heard today that many are expecting Michigan to hit 20% unemployment soon. Now there's even talk of a second stimulus. Personally, I think it will take something pretty darn big to happen before Obama supporters turn on him.
__________________
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed at times, with the blood of Tyrants."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
noonereal noonereal is offline
Abby Normal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
belong to the Dems? Is there a set amount of time that they can blame Bush? I would think that with the white house and a super majority, they will eventually have to own it. I heard today that many are expecting Michigan to hit 20% unemployment soon. Now there's even talk of a second stimulus. Personally, I think it will take something pretty darn big to happen before Obama supporters turn on him.
Did you expect the economy to turn around so quickly?
Why?
It was always assumed a second wave of economic help would be needed, why is this a surprise?

I think Obama supporters will turn on him as soon as his actions are not positive.
Most people have reasonable expectations.

Let's see, in 2001 up till this point Bush had taken more vacation time than any American president. Did you feel as frustrated then?

Last edited by noonereal; 07-13-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Twodogs's Avatar
Twodogs Twodogs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 2,460
Where did I say I was expecting the economy to turn around already? If I had my way, it would be taking the long slow road of working itself out (capatalism). My question was more about when these tactics fail, will Obama have to take the heat? I just want him out of there, that's all.
__________________
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed at times, with the blood of Tyrants."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2009, 02:30 PM
noonereal noonereal is offline
Abby Normal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 11,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Where did I say I was expecting the economy to turn around already? If I had my way, it would be taking the long slow road of working itself out (capatalism). My question was more about when these tactics fail, will Obama have to take the heat? I just want him out of there, that's all.
If it took the long slow road out, we may well have had blood in the streets.

If these tactics fail, Obama will be done. There is no magic in politics, the press (right or left) does not put money in peoples hands.

It will take years before we can judge Obama on the economy as well as international affairs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Charles Charles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10,348
Whenever the average swing voter's perception of reality indicates to them that he has either made things better, or worse.

No doubt, when he was elected, he was handed the shitty end of the stick. So far, I'm of the opinion that all that he has really done is to try to wipe his hand on my shirt.

As far as that goes, he's only a puppet, just like the rest of 'em.

Chas
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 AM
merrylander's Avatar
merrylander merrylander is offline
Resident octogenarian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
No doubt, when he was elected, he was handed the shitty end of the stick. Chas

No doubt you heard about the college student who won the essay on political correctness. He defined it as the belief that you can always pick up a turd by the clean end.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Grumpy's Avatar
Grumpy Grumpy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,941
Fair or not Obama will not be judged the same way as past presidents. One because of his color he will be cut slack by today's slacker generation. Two he will be immediately condemned by anyone even remotely resembling a conservative.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.