Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:06 PM

White House spox calls Trump and Putin 'two nauseating, fearful pigs who hate what America stands for'

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-t...183236813.html

Correct.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:11 AM
Ready

People are thinking of the invasion of the Ukraine as comparing to Hitler's invasion of Poland. I think the more exact comparison is to Hitler's prior invasion of Czechoslovakia, where he blatantly broke the Munich agreement, and all the western powers finally recognized his naked imperialistic program. Thus they became determined to go to war to stop further aggression. Just as in the case of Czechoslovakia, there will not be direct military intervention now, but NATO now shows determination to go to war to defend its eastern members.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
People are thinking of the invasion of the Ukraine as comparing to Hitler's invasion of Poland. I think the more exact comparison is to Hitler's prior invasion of Czechoslovakia, where he blatantly broke the Munich agreement, and all the western powers finally recognized his naked imperialistic program. Thus they became determined to go to war to stop further aggression. Just as in the case of Czechoslovakia, there will not be direct military intervention now, but NATO now shows determination to go to war to defend its eastern members.
I agree with you. I think we'd be in a very different world today if 9/1/39 had never happened. And in that way, Putin may have learned from Hitler's mistake. Even Europe can be pushed too hard. But this ain't it.

That does not console any Ukrainians inside or outside the country though. I think Putin calculated this very carefully.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:34 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
I agree with you. I think we'd be in a very different world today if 9/1/39 had never happened. And in that way, Putin may have learned from Hitler's mistake. Even Europe can be pushed too hard. But this ain't it.

That does not console any Ukrainians inside or outside the country though. I think Putin calculated this very carefully.
Putin is following Russia's long-term expansion policy, which the Soviets ignored, much to their chagrin, with the invasion of Afganistan.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Putin is following Russia's long-term expansion policy, which the Soviets ignored, much to their chagrin, with the invasion of Afganistan.
I think this could be called an attempt at "re-expansion". It will be interesting at what they consider a stopping/pausing point. I suspect they will be "happy" with Ukraine, at least for the near to mid-term, depending on what kind of resolve Nato nations show.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Totally agree, with the Soviet Hungarian and Czech democracy suppression invasions added as a typical response to challenges to puppet authoritarianism.

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-25-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 09:51 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Nope. I'd rather you not make this thread about me, though. I'm not paying you rent, no matter how hard you try.
You posted on this thread, I welcomed you back, the only one mind you, and have made some points regarding the points you placed in play.

What's your point here, other than deflecting? You rent quip being the tell.

Last edited by nailer; 02-25-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
You started this thread, I welcomed you back and have made some points.

What's your point here, other than deflecting? You rent quip being the tell.
Actually, Bob started the thread. The Insane Clown only starts nonsensical, far Reich-Wing threads, solely meant to provoke. He's a huge fan of Pootin, Donny, Fucker Carlson, etc, after all.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:15 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Actually, Bob started the thread. The Insane Clown only starts nonsensical, far Reich-Wing threads, solely meant to provoke. He's a huge fan of Pootin, Donny, Fucker Carlson, etc, after all.

You are correct on the OP. What's your point? Pretty sure NI would've granted me some poetic license.

BTW, are your rent payments to NI up-to-date?

Last edited by nailer; 02-25-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
I think you're cute.