Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:01 PM
Admin

Gubmint Shutdown Follies

"Former Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele says that the GOP is to blame for the government shutdown after lawmakers missed the deadline to pass a funding bill late Friday.

"Despite the rhetorical effort to paste Democrats with 'Schumer's Shutdown' and to redefine what constitutes majority control of the Senate ('60'? Really?), the fact remains that this shutdown rests at the feet of the GOP and it appears a majority of Americans agree," Steele told Politico.

Steele, who chaired the RNC from 2009-2011, before former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, called the shutdown "pitiful" and said it "certainly could have been avoided."

The former Republican Party chief blamed President Trump for sinking a potential deal, saying Trump "wound up negotiating against himself by taking a potential agreement off the table."" The Hill

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...oided-shutdown

Some truthtelling from the former RNC chief.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:12 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It's laughable that they try to blame Democrats when the GOP could not garner 50 votes in the Senate, much less 60. Lying Donnie Dotard was mostly to blame for his on-again-off-again ignorance and fecklessness.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:28 PM

The GOP led government's only legislative accomplishment is a tax cut for the wealthy. So why should they be expected to pass a budget when they as a party are not able to agree on legislation. Now add in the Donald who makes a decision then changes it on a dime when someone new calls or walks in the room.

This lands squarely on the front steps of the White House.

Barney
Old 01-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It's laughable that they try to blame Democrats when the GOP could not garner 50 votes in the Senate, much less 60. Lying Donnie Dotard was mostly to blame for his on-again-off-again ignorance and fecklessness.
‘Negotiating with Jell-O’: How Trump’s shifting positions fueled the rush to a shutdown'

"In a remarkable, televised 55-minute meeting with about two dozen Democratic and Republican lawmakers earlier this month, President Trump twice proclaimed that any immigration deal would need to be “a bill of love” — setting an optimistic tone for averting a government shutdown with a bipartisan solution.
After the president ordered cameras out of the Cabinet Room that day, the group delved into the details. Kirstjen Nielsen, Trump’s homeland security secretary, and her staff passed out a four-page document on the administration’s “must haves” for any immigration bill — a hard-line list that included $18 billion for Trump’s promised border wall, eliminating the diversity visa lottery program and ending “extended family chain migration,” according to the document, which was obtained by The Washington Post.
But one person seemed surprised and alarmed by the memo: the president.
With Democrats and Republicans still in the room, Trump said that the document didn’t represent all of his positions, that he wasn’t familiar with its contents and that he didn’t appreciate being caught off-guard. He instructed the group to disregard the summary and move on, according to one of the lawmakers in the room, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe a private conversation." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f583e7073076

Wow. I hope Trump flies down to his fundraiser/apple polishing contest at Mar el Lago and then heads to Davos, Switzerland to rub elbows with real actual billionaires while the government is shuttered. The campaign ads for the mid-terms will write themselves.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:31 PM

Jelloman in fine hypocrite form.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/stat...014464/video/1
Old 01-20-2018, 10:53 PM
Admin

Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account

"Democrats are holding our Military hostage over their desire to have unchecked illegal immigration. Can’t let that happen!"

Sen. Tammy Duckworth replies while toasting lying Donnie's lil' chestnuts.

"I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft-dodger. And I have a message for cadet bone spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong-Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops .. in danger."

Tammy drops mike....
Old 01-21-2018, 08:55 AM

The Dems need to make the message about the Republicans in power being the President Senate Congress can't govern. They have been at it for months getting a budget and still don't have one.

Can't agree seemingly on anything but tax cuts.

Barney
Old 01-21-2018, 01:20 PM

WH releases pics of Donny “working” during shutdown. Uh huh.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-shutdown.html
Old 01-21-2018, 08:25 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7DFCCC90-8767-4944-BEA8-3440DD2521FB.jpg (60.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-21-2018, 10:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account

"Democrats are holding our Military hostage over their desire to have unchecked illegal immigration. Can’t let that happen!"

Sen. Tammy Duckworth replies while toasting lying Donnie's lil' chestnuts.

"I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft-dodger. And I have a message for cadet bone spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong-Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops .. in danger."

Tammy drops mike....
For the last two days, I have been informing ignorant Trump supporters and others that our military folks are paid ON A MONTHLY SALARY. They will receive their pay, on time, every 15th and 30th of each month. No one in the military is going to get a short paycheck if the government shuts down for a few days. No one.