Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-25-2023, 09:45 PM
Admin

Mass Murder In Maine At Least 16 Dead

Fucking mil-spec weaponry should never be sold to civvies. This twisting of the Second Amendment is a suicide pact.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...&pm_medium=web
Old 10-26-2023, 05:51 AM

Can't help saying it, puts a cherry on a perfect day, emphasizing the world of Republican making we have here.....

Yes a day when a MAGA insurrectionist gains control of the house speaker ship and a recent hospitalized mentally ill assault weapons trainer attacks and kills our citizens.....
Old 10-26-2023, 07:13 AM
Jigsawed

What's new?

The amount of guns out there essentially makes anti gun legislation meaningless.
Furthermore, everytime there is a gun incident people buy more guns. WTF!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
What's new?

The amount of guns out there essentially makes anti gun legislation meaningless.
Furthermore, everytime there is a gun incident people buy more guns. WTF!
Throwing hands up and doing nothing except thought and prayers....

Until serious action happens with gun legislation and enforcement. I'm not ready to give up hope we can fix this. Other countries when faced with this problem seem to be able to combat the problem.

The love of guns is strong in this country, stronger then the love of human life....
Old 10-26-2023, 07:45 AM

I don't think there's much we can do about nut jobs with homicidal tendencies until they act but we can and should make it harder for them to carry out such atrocities. Every time some slob says "they could just as easily mass murder with a club or a knife" I want to slap them silly.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:23 AM
Banned

Maine has no law requiring firearms dealers to initiate background checks prior to transferring a firearm.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:32 AM

https://www.wmur.com/article/lewisto...spect/45651233
Old 10-26-2023, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I don't think there's much we can do about nut jobs with homicidal tendencies until they act but we can and should make it harder for them to carry out such atrocities. Every time some slob says "they could just as easily mass murder with a club or a knife" I want to slap them silly.
The second amendment has become a poorly thought out/poorly defined suicide pact fantasy for profit, one basic failure by the FFs. Another was failure to define qualifications and limitations on the Presidency, too much faith in the rationality of the populace.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I've asked, over and over, on every current events forum that I have ever inhabited, for a rational and operationally feasible way to get guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. Nobody liberal or conservative has ever been able to provide a way. There are just as many "nut jobs" per capita in the EU as there are in the US. Why do we have 22 times the number of gun homicides per capita as in the EU? Because handguns and assault weapons or "war weapons" are virtually impossible to get in the EU. Most republican politicians have refused to support handgun restrictions on the legally blind for christ's sake.

From what I've read, this guy had a domestic violence history. For sure anybody who has a recorded history of domestic violence problems, and anybody who has ever had a court order of protection placed on them, should not be able get their hands on any gun of any kind.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:44 AM
Banned

What the fuck...eh?

Earlier this year a number of Republican members of Congress wore controversial new pins on their lapels in the shape of miniature AR-15 rifles