Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-29-2023, 05:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
^^Best news of the day and get the feeling Powell, Chesebro and Jeffrey Clark are talking to Ms. Willis.
With this guy flipping (and getting a fairly light sentence in the process), the other 18 defendants (other than Trump) are now wondering what kind of deal they can get knowing full well that Trump would gladly throw any of them under the bus to deflect blame from himself. I wouldn't put it past Meadows to flip either.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:43 PM

Quote:
^^Best news of the day and get the feeling Powell, Chesebro and Jeffrey Clark are talking to Ms. Willis.
Dunno about the others, but Jeffrey Clark is a full-on nutjob, like our resident MAGAMoron. Doubt he'll flip. He's a "true believer".
Old 09-29-2023, 06:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
ATLANTA — A defendant in the sweeping election-interference case against former president Donald Trump and 18 others in Fulton County, Ga., became the first to plead guilty on Friday.

Scott Hall, a 59-year-old bail bondsman from the Augusta area who prosecutors alleged played a wide-ranging role in efforts to overturn Trump’s loss in Georgia, pleaded guilty to five counts of conspiracy to commit intentional interference with the performance of election duties. The charges are felonies that were reduced to misdemeanors because of Hall’s status as a first-time offender.

Hall agreed to serve five years of probation and, importantly for the prosecution’s case, will testify.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...federal-court/

I bet the ketchup is flying in Palm Beach.
First domino falls.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
With this guy flipping (and getting a fairly light sentence in the process), the other 18 defendants (other than Trump) are now wondering what kind of deal they can get knowing full well that Trump would gladly throw any of them under the bus to deflect blame from himself. I wouldn't put it past Meadows to flip either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Dunno about the others, but Jeffrey Clark is a full-on nutjob, like our resident MAGAMoron. Doubt he'll flip. He's a "true believer".
People like Chesebro and Powell are not criminal types and felonies reduced to misdemeanors should be extremely tempting like a career saving lifeline, or else their attorneys are not doing their jobs. The election fraud claim, aka The Big Lie is a lost cause and doubt they will all want to go down the sewer in service of a certified Moron.

I think Clark got caught up in the promise of being appointed AG and blind ambition may have got the better of him. Does not seem to be very bright either, leaving himself legally exposed to the degree he did putting a lie on paper in an official capacity.
Old 09-30-2023, 03:21 PM

Quote:
People like Chesebro and Powell are not criminal types and felonies reduced to misdemeanors should be extremely tempting like a career saving lifeline, or else their attorneys are not doing their jobs. The election fraud claim, aka The Big Lie is a lost cause and doubt they will all want to go down the sewer in service of a certified Moron.

I think Clark got caught up in the promise of being appointed AG and blind ambition may have got the better of him. Does not seem to be very bright either, leaving himself legally exposed to the degree he did putting a lie on paper in an official capacity.
Everything about Chesebro and Powells involvement in Trumps plan to overturn the 2020 election results shows they absolutely are criminal types, as is Clark.
Old 10-02-2023, 04:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

John Kelly, longest serving Trump Chief of Staff, dishes

“A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

“A person who is not truthful regarding his position on the protection of unborn life, on women, on minorities, on evangelical Christians, on Jews, on working men and women,” Kelly continued. “A person that has no idea what America stands for and has no idea what America is all about. A person who cavalierly suggests that a selfless warrior who has served his country for 40 years in peacetime and war should lose his life for treason – in expectation that someone will take action. A person who admires autocrats and murderous dictators. A person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/02/polit...mbers-veterans
Old 10-02-2023, 05:50 PM

^^^
As a veteran, I salute you Mr Kelly, something I’d never do to your former CIC.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:01 PM

Judge issues gag order in fraud case after Trump assails staffer on social media
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...raud-trial-ny/

Whell, you must be SO proud that you voted for this turd.
Old 10-04-2023, 05:57 PM

'Trump show is over': Attorney General Letitia James lashes out at former president's 'political stunt'
https://www.rawstory.com/amp/trump-t...mes-2665796388

Quote:
"Trump's comments were offensive, they were baseless," she told the press.

"They were void of any facts and/or any evidence. What they were, were comments that unfortunately fomented violence and comments that I would describe as race-baiting, and comments, unfortunately, that appeal to the bottom of our humanity. This case was brought simply because it was a case where individuals have engaged in a pattern and practice of fraud, and I will not sit idly by and allow anyone to subvert the law.

"And lastly, I will not be bullied. And so Mr. Trump is no longer here. The Donald Trump show is over. This was nothing more than a political stunt."
Exactly like the Whell Show around here.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:43 PM

^^From barely over a year ago, this is what AG Letitia James said.

Quote:
“Claiming to have money that you do not have does not amount to the art of the deal,” she said Wednesday, announcing a $250 million civil lawsuit against Trump, his company and members of his family for a decade-long pattern of alleged fraud. “It’s the art of the steal.”
And now proving she was right then.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ump-marketing/