Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Wingnut Caucus killed Dubya and the Senate's comprehensive immigration reform in 2007 after Rush Limbaugh and other such retrograde clowns started screeching "amnesty" to fire up their credulous audience. Read about its provisions here. In a similar vein, if and when Sen. Lankford negotiates a deal with the White House, your MAGA buddies in the House will do their damnedest to kill it.

The bottom line is that the GOP doesn't really want to solve the immigration problem. They'd rather keep it as a wedge issue. They just love showing up at the border for a photo op with Fox News wearing their latest in border junket fashion from REI.
Yawn. The Dems had their change under Obama and punted so plenty of blame to go around, seeing the blame game is all you want to talk about.

Add to that, you seem to have trouble discerning between policy and implementation. We have sufficient laws today to keep the situation from deteriorating by the day, but Biden and company don't seem to want to enforce those laws.

Last edited by whell; 12-18-2023 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
A simple my bad would suffice.
OK. You bad, bro!
Old 12-18-2023, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
On this we can agree.

It's a very complex problem that I'm not convinced either side really wants resolved, for very different reasons.
Agreed and here is my opinion on why.

The Democrats need the so called reliable Hispanic vote and the Republikans need the low cost Hispanic labor. So its not the usual kicking the can down the road but kicking the can around, make lots of noise but do nothing.

Why did the Moron's infamous wall never get funded???

Forget getting it built, not even funding for it. After all this was the promise that gave rise to the MAGA revolution and as for Mexico paying for it, their president already said NFW.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
...Its a mess, and I don't think anyone in DC has any idea how to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
We have sufficient laws today to keep the situation from deteriorating by the day...
Which is it (because it cannot be both) - Is it that a) The existing laws are all fucked up and nobody knows what to do about it or b) We have sufficient laws already?

You always seem able to concoct some blather even if it absolutely contradicts the point you attempted to make just hours earlier.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:25 PM

If someone cares to read this, nothing definitive but the usual political circus around paperless immigration via our southern border.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65574725
Old 01-01-2024, 04:41 PM

Faux "News" Hilariously Tries to Spin Nikki Haley’s Slavery Flub
‘THEY FAILED MISERABLY’
Desperately attempting to defend Haley’s fiasco, the hosts of “Fox & Friends” claimed she was the victim of a “gotcha question” but still “handled it quite well.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...s-slavery-flub
Old 01-03-2024, 07:43 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Expose on Gateway Pundit

Here's a good read about the slimy, lying Gateway Pundit, a source linked to by Whell on occasion to buttress his lame arguments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...lection-fraud/

The site has been influential in promoting false election fraud theories even though some of the most influential figures on the right say they don’t trust it. One prominent conservative radio host, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of offending political allies, said in an interview that the site’s stories are “bull----.”

Gateway Pundit represents a “a fringe segment of so-called conservative media that’s driven by conspiratorial clickbait to drive revenues to stay afloat,” the host said.

A former Trump administration official who denies that Joe Biden rightfully won the 2020 election nevertheless told The Post in an interview that if you cite Gateway Pundit in an argument, “it means you’ve lost. You can’t use it to make an argument. You can only use it to hear what you want to hear.”
Old 01-03-2024, 07:40 PM

GOP rep eviscerates Fox host: 'dirt bag' who 'cheated on his wife and left her with twins'
https://www.alternet.org/amp/gop-rep...ost-2666862795

Jesse Watters sounds like your kinda “news” reporter, eh Whell? No doubt you admire his “honesty” when he attacks “libs”.

Quote:
"Hey you f---ing hack, if you're going to accuse me of corruption then at least get your facts straight and man up and come accuse me to my face," wrote Crenshaw, a former Navy SEAL who lost his eye in combat. "You're a f---ing clown, desperate for clickbait."

"I'm sitting here trying to feed my 3 month old and this dirt bag millionaire at Fox is accusing me of being a criminal, with zero evidence," he continued. "Stop letting wealthy elitists like Jessye[sic] Watters claim to be 'fighting for you.' They live in Manhattan and can't stand normal people in red states. They think you're stupid and feed you bulls--- to rile you up."
Old 01-03-2024, 08:51 PM

Quote:
"Yeah, he's such a 'conservative' he cheated on his wife and left her with twins while he went off with another Fox producer."
I knew Watters was a scumbag. I just didn't know how big of a one he was.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:10 AM

Fox News Had A Tarot Card Reader Predict Donald Trump's 2024, And I'm Pretty Sure It Didn't Go As Planned
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/fox-psychic-clip

Tarot Card Reader. This is what passes for “news” in Whell’s World. Sad.