Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
Ah'm ready to stipulate that y''all believe Hillary is God, Willie is St. Pete an when y'all die you're going to Little Rock, but 'cept for the supposition the memo is a distraction from Mueller, what else does Mueller got to do with this thread? Ah jest heard lil' Adam spewin' bile an excrement on the TV. How cum he ain't back on the hill rewriting his memo? Could it be he ain't gonna?
Sweet jesus, I'd better break out my hipwaders. Is there an app that translates this gibberish?
Old 02-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Will truth win out? Rob Porter’s departure holds a key to effective journalism in the Trump era.

Quote:
It never should have taken a photo of Colbie Holderness’s bruised eye to get Rob Porter out of the White House.

He shouldn’t have been there to begin with, as a top aide to President Trump, given the long-standing and credible charges of domestic abuse from Holderness, along with another of his ex-wives and his former girlfriend.

It’s outrageous, but that’s what it took.

Porter’s resignation — the very same day the photo of his ex-wife’s beaten face was made public by the Intercept — speaks volumes about how reality can prevail.

“Truth will out,” wrote Shakespeare in “The Merchant of Venice.”
Quote:
“Conventional media is not equipped to deal with willful lying in the public sphere,” wrote journalist Josh Marshall last week. Although he was talking about the infamous memo from House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), his apt observation applies more broadly.
Quote:
In the days ahead, we’ll need more bulletproof, evidence-based journalism. And that’s not all we’ll need.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.0dc1050bedc4
Old 02-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
It's not like Bobby 'The Boy Scout' Mueller has super powers, he has to get an actual federal judge to sign off on these indictments with actual evidence, y'know.
True, but the indictments do not have to relate to the tenor of his mission.

Last edited by Dondilion; 02-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Can we talk about these memos Beloved? I mean really talk about them? Now I know a certain few of you is gonna flame me or anyone else you don't agree with, but that's jest 'cause y'all ain't been raised right and I try not to hold it against y'all.

So here's what I'm proposing: I'm gonna give you my take on 'em and then you can dispute that or better yet, offer up your ideas on 'em an that way maybe a discussion might break out 'stead of a bunch a preaching to the choir.

So here's where I is at. Now we ain't seen the Democrat memo yet so I ain't gonna attempt to guess what's in there. Even though jest lookin at that Schiff fella pisses me off. But I digress.

The very furst thang I heard about the Nunes memo, even for it got published, was the Intelligence community didn't want it published cause it contained “sources an methods”. I ain't real sure who was raisin' the stink, but I do remember there was two or 3 of 'em, the FBI being one, but I disremeber the othern's.

Then the memo come out an lo and behold, there weren't no “sources an methods.” Rather it was more a series of accusations that either time's gonna prove right or wrong.

Which brings us to the current state of affairs, Even before the Democrat thang got to the White House, folks was sayin' it was full of “sources and methods” also, but here there was a lil' difference. That difference was they was sayin' the inclusion was deliberate. Reason for that, they said, was that Schiff feller wanted them thangs to be redacted so he could whoop an holler an claim foul or whatever.

So it is my take that Donaldo Maximus said "I ain't playin' that game Little Adam. Take your homework back an clean it up an then I'll declassify it so folks can read it."

So there's how I see it. What say you?
What you fail to highlight. Nunes memo failed because of Papodopolous.

Consequently Little Adam can play any game he wants.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post

And the footnote that provided information on the dossier's source, in contrast to Nunes' lie that such information wasn't provided.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
True, but the indictments do not have to relate to the tenor of his mission.
The 'mission' as spelled out by DOJ Rosenstein includes any crimes, not just Trump and his cronies playing footsie with Putin. Like I've said before it will be Trump's financial crime that brings him down. He's helped the Russian mob launder a shit ton of money through his real estate business.

Look at it this way, Scarface Capone was sent to prison for tax evasion instead of murder. Why should the Trump Crime Syndicate skate on all of their felonies?
Old 02-11-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:

What you (my friend ) fail to highlight is that Nunes memo was not truth based. Simply put, the FISA surveillance on Carter began much earlier because the FBI suspected him of being a Russian spy.

Why doesn't anyone ask as to why Trump's campaign would want a spy suspected of working for Russia in their midst? Papodopolous showed poor judgement in choosing who to get inebriated with though he did cop a plea.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Ah'm ready to stipulate that y''all believe Hillary is God, Willie is St. Pete an when y'all die you're going to Little Rock, but 'cept for the supposition the memo is a distraction from Mueller, what else does Mueller got to do with this thread? Ah jest heard lil' Adam spewin' bile an excrement on the TV. How cum he ain't back on the hill rewriting his memo? Could it be he ain't gonna?
A) What is it with the dumb hillbilly schtick? Is that how you actually speak or are you trying to insinuate something?

B). Nobody but God is God, not even your Dear Leader whose ass you love to kiss.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Ready

I stipulate that Grouch's style is too insulting, affected, and passive aggressive. Therefore the answer to the title question is no. We can't talk.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I stipulate that Grouch's style is too insulting, affected, and passive aggressive. Therefore the answer to the title question is no. We can't talk.
Thanks for saving me the cost of a six-pack of finnland's finest craft beer.