Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:33 PM

I spoke to a close friend (also an AK'er) this afternoon. Till today we have never discussed politics and at the end of our long conversation regarding Mac gear, he casually mentioned the Presidential ratings that just came out.

He felt that the ratings were totally out of line, he considered Obama the worst president ever and that Trump was doing a great job and could do better if the Dem's worked with him. I simply held my peace, he is otherwise a great dude and an expert on audio electronics. Sad that Trump can corrupt an otherwise decent caring type of guy.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:52 PM

You are like most to polite when faced with an example like this one. I fear by being silent help create the events we are experiencing. I know it is a weak argument but the other view holders are very vocal.

I refuse to be silent anymore, polite but no longer willing to just allow then to be unchecked.

Barney
Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
You are like most to polite when faced with an example like this one. I fear by being silent help create the events we are experiencing. I know it is a weak argument but the other view holders are very vocal.

I refuse to be silent anymore, polite but no longer willing to just allow then to be unchecked.

Barney
Sorry to disagree, but I am of the opinion that changes have to come from within. Nothing I can do change one's mind.

In politics, battle lines are drawn and I find it's best not to cross it. Another of my dear friends (we travel a lot together) only watches Fox News and he once told me that every other channel lies.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:18 PM

A true friend will except your views and move on to the things you agree on. If not then why associate with someone as a friend who does accept you for who your are?

Like stated I tired of turning the other cheek.

I'm fresh with the memory from seeing The Sorrow and the Pity a film about Vichy France and the Nazi's. Have a whole new understanding of Fascism and collaboration. How easy it takes over when people are silent.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 02-20-2018 at 09:24 PM.