Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
no one

times are different today and there is too much money in exposing folks personal lives which negates any image today from being as Stewart's was.
You must be discussing Sarah Palin.

Chas
Old 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You must be discussing Sarah Palin.

Chas
Sarah is indeed in the public area but this exposure of personal life is in no way shape or form exclusive to her. it is 100% consistent with how EVERY celebraty is treated.

Sarah has more "adventures" going on in her life and the biggest persecution complex in America, heck thats the center piece of her appeal and popularity.

"Real Americans" have replaced the "inner city community" in asserting victimization and Sarah is their leader
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Sarah is indeed in the public area but this exposure of personal life is in no way shape or form exclusive to her. it is 100% consistent with how EVERY celebraty is treated.

Sarah has more "adventures" going on in her life and the biggest persecution complex in America, heck thats the center piece of her appeal and popularity.

"Real Americans" have replaced the "inner city community" in asserting victimization and Sarah is their leader
Damn Noon, you bite every time.

If you were a walleye, I know what I'd use for bait!!!

Chas
Old 12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Damn Noon, you bite every time.

If you were a walleye, I know what I'd use for bait!!!

Chas
Yeah I know. When it comes to Sarah I am way predictable. I'll never forgive her for confusing my kid after all these years trying to teach her the right thing. But on a positive note I guess it was an excellent opportunity to teach her that everyone is different and what one holds in high regard is not universal. (and I did)
Old 12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Gary Sinise is one that I admire, in large part for his work in Iraq and with the USO.

(I hope your dog Shock was better lookin' than my avatar!)
I like Gary Sinise a lot too, and I think he is a fine actor, but I don't think he has the star power to really compare with Stewart. The times are just so much different from the times that created Stewart's image, that we won't find anything close to what he was. As far as our generation - folks from Dave's age to Chas' age, I just can't think of anyone who reflects this generation as well as Stewart did his. Tom Hanks is the best I can come up with.

And yeah, Shock was a lovely lass.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray
cute dog, made me smile

I hope he's not your watch dog!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
cute dog, made me smile

I hope he's not your watch dog!
Actually, she was a pretty good watch dog until she became deaf. She made plenty of noise, which the bad guys don't like. She has gone on to her reward now, but she brought us plenty of happiness when she was around.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Actually, she was a pretty good watch dog until she became deaf. She made plenty of noise, which the bad guys don't like. She has gone on to her reward now, but she brought us plenty of happiness when she was around.

Regards,

D-Ray
Yeah, she looks like she has a deep loud voice.

Don, the dog is adorable, all she would do is make a robber change his mind because she was just to cute.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I like Gary Sinise a lot too, and I think he is a fine actor, but I don't think he has the star power to really compare with Stewart. The times are just so much different from the times that created Stewart's image, that we won't find anything close to what he was. As far as our generation - folks from Dave's age to Chas' age, I just can't think of anyone who reflects this generation as well as Stewart did his. Tom Hanks is the best I can come up with.

And yeah, Shock was a lovely lass.

Regards,

D-Ray
That is a FINE looking critter. You really should get yourself another pup, surely you have more shoes than you need.

Not doubt Jimmie Stewart was a class act, on and off of the screen. But I think that one of the reasons we no longer have actors of his stature is because we no longer make movies deserving of an actor of his stature.

Can you imagine Stewart in a "Mad Max" movie?

Chas
Old 12-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
That is a FINE looking critter. You really should get yourself another pup, surely you have more shoes than you need.

Not doubt Jimmie Stewart was a class act, on and off of the screen. But I think that one of the reasons we no longer have actors of his stature is because we no longer make movies deserving of an actor of his stature.

Can you imagine Stewart in a "Mad Max" movie?

Chas
In retrospect, doesn't that seem an appropriate symbol of Mel Gibson's career. He lives in his own little dystopia.

I also can't imagine him in The Godfather, although there were a couple of fine films in that series. I do think Forrest Gump has some of the attitude of a Jimmy Stewart film.

We don't have films like Jimmy Stewart made because we are a different world than when Stewart became a star. Today's movie-goers wouldn't relate to a jimmy Steward movie and vice versa.

Regards,

D-Ray