Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
What is hypocritical here? The Hobby Lobby decision has done NOTHING to restrict access to contraceptive medication for women. Even after this ruling, Hobby Lobby will continue to provide such coverage under their insurance plan. They only objected to provided coverage to specific meds like the so-called morning after pill. They still, for example, offer coverage for birth control pills.

So, you may go cast your claims of hypocrisy somewhere else. Maybe your local mirror perhaps?
Bullshit. Hormonal and copper intrauterine devices are not "morning after pills" and the Hobby Lobby decision excludes such devices that the Mennonites find "morally objectionable". It also excludes medications that are used for the treatment of endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, certain cancers and other non-abortion purposes. These devices and medications have everything to do with the Hobby Lobby case...so don't lie about it.

Besides, your hypocrisy has nothing to do with the Hobby Lobby case, and everything to do with the fact that you've been subsidizing pretty much every form of contraception and birth control, along with legal abortions through your health insurance premiums and your federal income tax payments...and without a fucking peep outta you. Or perhaps you were just too lazy to be interested in where your health care premium dollars go.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-01-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The 'we'll pray for you' plan LOL!

Isn't that what the VA uses?

Pete
Old 07-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

We desperately need the government to tell us what we need.

Pete
Old 07-01-2014, 01:44 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Praise the Lord and count the increased profits !
Ever noticed how some things are a "blessing" when they are received, but "evil" when they are paid out?

I see a pattern emerging there. I think you see it, too.

Dave
Old 07-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The 'we'll pray for you' plan LOL!

Isn't that what the VA uses?

Pete
Give that VA shit a rest old friend. It's already been proved to be a non-starter as an election issue for the run up to November. It's simply a case of the House being cheapskates after the fact when it comes to vets actually getting the healthcare they were promised.
It's especially galling since the chickenhawks in Congress are the proximate cause of their injuries.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
We desperately need the government to tell us what we need.

Pete
Pete wins Ikes Inaugural Deliberately Obtuse Post of the Month Award. Congratulations pete. You're on a par with you know who.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I live to serve.

Pete
Old 07-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

And, I get the prestigious IIDOPotMA award. Finally the recognition I deserve. Life is good

Pete
Old 07-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I live to serve.

Pete
Well...serve this. It's none of your fucking business, none of my business, none of delusional David Green's business, none of Rush Limbaugh's business, none of Kelly Ayotte's business, none of Antonin Scalia's arrogantly narcissistic business either, in my non-constitutional opinion.. It's nobody's business but a woman and her physician's business.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Resident octogenarian

The interesting bit is that there was not a single doctor testifying and I doubt that there was even one in the court. Isn't it amazing how all these medical decisions are taken without even consulting the people with the knowledge. I am willing to bet I know more about the human reproductive system than all five of those old farts combined.