Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 AM

Who has changed their mind about Obama since 2008?

Obama really had no record of accomplishments to run on or voting record to gauge his stance with, so you presumably supported an 'idea' in 2008 if you supported Obama. How many of you have become disillusioned with Obama and won't be voting for him again?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Abby Normal

His foreign policy has been very good so far his domestic spending bill to help the economy a disaster and his healthcare legislation a waste of time.

So yeah, he did a much better job than any greed filled, idiot pandering GOPer would have done so no I will not be turning to the republicans.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 AM

I voted for him in 08 and still will today. I have seen the man try to work with the other side only to have every attempt be meet with hostile actions and outright lies.

The way the Right is being run it will be a cold day in "...." before they will get a vote from me even for dog catcher!

Barney
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

AFAIK the GOP is the biggest threat this country has faced in a century, so yes I will vote for Obama.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
His foreign policy has been very good so far...
I must admit to being a little bit unclear as to exactly what accomplishments in this arena thus far would warrant a grade of "very good".
Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I have seen the man try to work...

I can't say that I've witnessed this. Whatever Obama's legacy holds I'm pretty sure he won't go down as one of our harder working presidents.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
I must admit to being a little bit unclear as to exactly what accomplishments in this arena thus far would warrant a grade of "very good".
He got us out of Iraq, killed Bin, got an A+ in Libya has kept us safe from domestic terror, has delayed Iran in achieving their goals and has brought back a level of respect to the USA that was though impossible when George got done.

Let me ask you something. How can you be oblivious to all this?

Are you a Palin?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
I can't say that I've witnessed this. Whatever Obama's legacy holds I'm pretty sure he won't go down as one of our harder working presidents.
Yeah, we all know how hard Ronnie worked.

I guess this thread is not going as you intended.

Considered responses seem to have already gotten you ruffled.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
AFAIK the GOP is the biggest threat this country has faced in a century, so yes I will vote for Obama.
You do seem to get at the root of Obama support on display here thus far. Each answer contained a rant against the alternatives. So are people basically supporting Obama because of their perception that he is potentially the lesser of two evils? Doesn't seem to me like the kind of thing that really get's the base out to vote. The AFAIK qualifier is honest and noted. Maybe people should know more before choosing who they support.

Reminds me of a clip I saw recently from (excuse me for having to mention the Howard Stern Show) where they interviewed a bunch of supporters at an Obama rally and attributed McCain's stands on issues as Obama's and asked people if they supported these particular things about Obama and people who were voting for Obama were responding 'yes' and defending things like Pro-Life, continuing the war in Iraq and Sarah Palin as VP because the interviewer had told them these were things Obama supported.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
You do seem to get at the root of Obama support on display here thus far. Each answer contained a rant against the alternatives.
There were no rants in the replies.

Could it be you don't know what the word means?

Quote:
So are people basically supporting Obama because of their perception that he is potentially the lesser of two evils?
In many cases, yes.

Quote:
Doesn't seem to me like the kind of thing that really get's the base out to vote. The AFAIK qualifier is honest and noted. Maybe people should know more before choosing who they support.

I agree, you may want to do more reading.

Quote:
Reminds me of a clip I saw recently from (excuse me for having to mention the Howard Stern Show) where they interviewed a bunch of supporters at an Obama rally and attributed McCain's stands on issues as Obama's and asked people if they supported these particular things about Obama and people who were voting for Obama were responding 'yes' and defending things like Pro-Life, continuing the war in Iraq and Sarah Palin as VP because the interviewer had told them these were things Obama supported.

Sounds exactly like something you would do, wasn't that what this thread was about?