Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I prefer corn over hominem.

Interesting how our biases affect our predictions. You predict disaster from a second term by Obama, I predict a better deal for the middle class. I predict that a Romney presidency would widen the wealth gap and shrink the middle class, but I fervently hope that the Romney presidency does not occur.

Regards,

D-Ray
I predict that there will be little difference between the two, however I consider Romney to be the least of two evils, if only slightly.

Chas
Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I prefer corn over hominem.

Pete
Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I vote for him to face a firing squad.

Fuck that Lefty POS!
To me...that statement is blatant High Treason and it should be you that is facing the firing squad. Or at the very least making little ones out of big ones on the rockpile at Leavenworth. As much as I loathed George W. Bush...I NEVER wished him dead. Oh, maybe a few errant pellets to sting him a bit on a hunting trip with Dick Cheney, but never death.

I don't give a rat's ass if I get banned from this board, but djv8ga, I'm calling you out. You are slime of the first sort. You are either A) a troll who gets a perverted thrill out of yanking our collective chains or B) someone who actually BELIEVES the unmitigated bullshit you continually spew. Either way, your utterances are despicable and you should be shunned. You are a prime example of what's wrong with our country. As long as there are people like you, there will never be any progress. Never. Just more reactionary tripe to muddy the waters. I could go on and on...but I won't. I've plain and simple had just about enough of your crap.

Oh...who would I vote for? Well...in my fondest dreams the GOP would wake up and abandon the current crop of posers and nominate Joh Huntsman by acclamation. He's actually a Republican I could vote for. Intelligent, prudent...and most importantly, President Obama regarded him highly enough to appoint him Ambassador to China. But...even in my wildest dreams...that ain't gonna happen. So...my vote is for President Obama. Other posters have done a very good job of articulating just how well he's done in the face of intransigent adversity...so I need to add nothing.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You would vote for Huntsman over Obama?

Pete
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM

I said Huntsman is a Republican I COULD vote for. I used to have respect for the Republican Party, and he represents some of what I used to respect. Huntsman at least would've been a respectable opponent for President Obama.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Think about it then, my subatomic friend of Elton

If you aren't going to vote for him anyway, why would we worry and or care? Not being disrespectful, just saying.

Pete
Old 03-07-2012, 02:35 PM

I guess Huntsman as a candidate would've raised the general intelligence level of the race. No...I wouldn't vote for him...but it would've made the campaign interesting. I've always felt that a diversity of ideas is beneficial to our country...President Obama has show that he's open to non-Democratic proposals that bring a direct benefit to the country as a whole. One could almost state that government by consensus is good government.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Area Man

Are you saying that if Obama were to lose, you would rather he lose to someone of Huntsmans caliber, rather than lose to the snakey corporate hatchetman, or the homophobic theocrat?

That's how I feel about it, anyhow.

BTW, Huntsman is a businessman from a family of successful business types. Romney is a factory closing, loot grabbing pirate who makes money for few but himself. For a small glimpse at the true heart of the GOP, one only needs to consider the difference, and which model they chose to run for our president.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-07-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You know, I understand now. We should find the farthest right voting freshman Senator and run him.

Pete
Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Area Man

Wouldn't surprise me at all if you did.

Dave