Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Sarkozy going down?

I've been keeping a 1/2 eye on this, the super slick incubent and the leftie contender.

There's been a coupla great lines. From memory, 'He (Hollande) wants less rich people. I want less poor people.' And Hollande 'We need less economic immigrants.'

I find it interesting that even the left needs to say that over there. The populace must be extremely restive. And you think the bailout was unpopular here, the EU bailout appears to be hated. A regional election in Germany looks like it's going to pound Merkel, and any Greek politician that had a shred of sense is about to be shredded.

I caught the phrase 'Merkozy' to decribe their bailout efforts lol.

Pete
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Area Man

"......and any Greek politician that had a shred of sense is about to be shredded."

Ah, smart move.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Jigsawed

The more prosperous Europeans are fed up with immigrants from the third world and Eastern Europe, also fed up with Greece with its generous retirement, vacation packages, tax evasion and relatively big military spending.

Last edited by Dondilion; 05-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The more prosperous Europe is fed up with immigrants from the third world and Eastern Europe, also fed up with Greece with its generous retirement, vacation packages, tax evasion and relatively big military spending.
Yep, and France can't quite figure out whether it's part of the more prosperous, hardworking (northern) Europe or the less properous, lazier southern Europe. I think it wants to be both prosperous and lazy and can't quite figure out how. It seems that the population may think that Mediterranean style Soci@lism may be the answer. Good luck with that, mon frere.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Area Man

When I worked in plastics, years ago, we were waiting on a tool that was being built at a shop just outside of Paris. Already a week past due, on a Monday, we placed a conference call to their shop manager, who was unavailable. The next day, we finally got ahold of him. He told us, "The weather here has been simply amazing. I gave my crew the week off to enjoy it.". Our plant manager tried to demand he call them back and finish it. The Frenchman said, "I'll have it shipped out to you right away."

And that's what he did. It arrived a few days later, shipped by air-----unfinished. He simply crated it up and shipped it, right then.

We couldn't do ANYTHING about it. Because politics, within our own company, dictated we use that shop exclusively. The next job went to them and was nearly a month late.

The thing about it was the workmanship. They did stunningly beautiful work. You just didn't dare try to rush them.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

Maybe it is like the man who wanted oats. The supplier said if you want good fresh oats they take time to grow. However, if you don't mind oats that have been through a horse I can get them for you this sfternoon.