Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I'm going to devote a little effort to finding the information on the whistle blower in a form I can post here. If I don't come up with anything, you can choose to believe it or not. It doesn't matter to me in the least.
This is the program, on YouTube in two segments. Segment #2 is where the "meat" is.

Part #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_I-wCytaE

Part #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJh3faEgnI
Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
How and why am I wrong? Because you say so?

No, Ike. I've already said that Thimerosol has been removed from childhood vaccines. The problem (potentially) is that Thimerosol-preserved vaccines are still administered to pregnant women.

See above. See also the post linked to above re: single-dose vaccines.

You mean like a concentration camp? Figures you'd take that approach rather than the slightly less draconian one of compulsory vaccination.

You sick fuck.

What Kennedy asserts is that Thimerosal, not vaccines, is a potential cause of autism. He bases this on studies and information from scientists, many of whom possess credentials which may even rival your own.
Exactly like a concentration camp. The child of a parent who refuses to get their children vaccinated is no less dangerous to other children than a serial killer. And hey!!! I take pride in being a sick fuck...so...uh...thanks.

Kennedy can assert it all he likes about Thimerosal. What Jr. has are his assertions, or maybe his education from fellow headcase conspiracy theorist, tit model and former member of "The View" talking heads all at one time...Jenny McCarthy. I'm going with scientific method...and unless and until he provides some scientific method, he can spew his wackjob conspiracy theories all day long. Since...

Quote:
In June 2005, Kennedy authored an article in Rolling Stone and Salon.com alleging a government conspiracy to cover up connections between the vaccine preservative thimerosal and childhood autism. The article contained a number of factual errors, leading Salon.com to issue five corrections and ultimately to retract the article completely on January 16, 2011. The retraction was motivated by accumulating evidence of errors and scientific fraud underlying the vaccine-autism claim. Previous to this retraction, sometime in 2010, Rolling Stone had also deleted Kennedy's article from their archives without explanation. As of January 2011, the original, uncorrected, version of the article was still posted on Kennedy’s website, including his factual errors which Salon had corrected.
Yeh...you go ahead and go with Jr. and Jenny. PFFFFffffffftttttt.......

PS-You're no more wrong because I say so than I am because you say so.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-19-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Yeh...you go ahead an go with Jr. PFFFFffffffftttttt.......
You're still missing the point. I'm not "going with" Kennedy. I'm pointing out that there is a scientific basis for some objections to Thimerosal.

Personally, I have no firm opinion. I do, however, have a pretty high opinion of RFK Jr. and I have an informed suspicion regarding the objectivity of our governmental bureaucracies and the consequences of revolving doors and regulatory capture.

Also, one thing Kennedy is not is stupid. Do you really think he'd risk releasing still more questionable data ten years after getting tripped up by the article you referred to?

And I'd like a source for the article you quoted, the source for and science behind the "corrections" posted by Slate and some support for the article's assertion that "The retraction was motivated by accumulating evidence of errors and scientific fraud underlying the vaccine-autism claim.", especially since they admit that the article was withdrawn by RS without explanation and only after it had remained on their website unchallenged for five years, to say nothing of the fact that the article remained on Slate's site for []isix[/i] years.

I mean, what's the typical "lifespan" of articles on these two sites anyway?

John
Old 02-19-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
And I'd like a source for the article you quoted.............
Never mind. I found it. It's a right wing hit piece from RedState.com, titled "Kennedy, Unhinged", written by some clown named Steve Maley. The first paragraph of the article tells you all you need to know.

"If you shut your eyes for just a moment while reading this latest HuffPo piece by Robert Kennedy, Jr., you can almost hear the gobs of spittle smacking his monitor as he wrote. There’s really nothing like the pungent aroma of blue blood at full boil."

This clown writes the way you wish you could, Bana, so it's no surprise that you picked such an objective piece of journalism.

Excerpts from this same article show up all over the interwebs, from blogs, to right wing chat lists... even to Wikipedia (which the right wing has been busily rewriting for years).

Last edited by Boreas; 02-19-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Never mind. I found it. It's a right wing hit piece from RedState.com, titled "Kennedy, Unhinged", written by some clown named Steve Maley. The first paragraph of the article tells you all you need to know.

"If you shut your eyes for just a moment while reading this latest HuffPo piece by Robert Kennedy, Jr., you can almost hear the gobs of spittle smacking his monitor as he wrote. There’s really nothing like the pungent aroma of blue blood at full boil."

This clown writes the way you wish you could, Bana, so it's no surprise that you picked such an objective piece of journalism.

Excerpts from this same article show up all over the interwebs, from blogs, to right wing chat lists... even to Wikipedia (which the right wing has been busily rewriting for years).
You're so bright and at the same time, so wrong. I've never been anywhere near any Red State article called "Kennedy Unhinged". This is a paragraph from the general wikipedia page on Jr., and footnoted to the retractions and corrections in Rolling Stone, Salon, and CBS BNET. The paragraph I posted from wikipedia does not appear anywhere in the Red State piece, which I believe you never even looked at.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/05/11/kennedy-unhinged/

So you can either retract your phony outrage, or you can be a liar...your choice.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Ready

Quote:
But you are wrong, Ike. It's such an ubiquitous feature of your "contribution" to PC that I'd have thought you'd be joyously embracing it by now.
I think he definately is wrong and abusive SO THAT he will get what he gets back. I'm less sure why, but I doubt there's a lot of joy involved.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I think he definately is wrong and abusive SO THAT he will get what he gets back. I'm less sure why, but I doubt there's a lot of joy involved.
See below...
Old 02-19-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
You're so bright and at the same time, so wrong. I've never been anywhere near any Red State article called "Kennedy Unhinged". This is a paragraph from the general wikipedia page on Jr., and footnoted to the retractions and corrections in Rolling Stone, Salon, and CBS BNET. The paragraph I posted from wikipedia does not appear anywhere in the Red State piece, which I believe you never even looked at.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/05/11/kennedy-unhinged/

So you can either retract your phony outrage, or you can be a liar...your choice.
Ya got me!

Sort of.

I didn't read the article, couldn't bring myself to do it after the opening paragraph, That said, the excerpt actually does appear in the article. The trouble is, the author is quoting the Wikipedia entry.

Still, the Wiki entry and associated footnotes offer no support for allegations of fraud, just that allegations were made, and the corrections made by Slate and referred to in the footnotes are no longer in Slate's Corrections area.

It's certainly possible that Kennedy published faulty or fraudulent data. It's even possible that he did so deliberately but the possibility also exists that Slate and Rolling Stone pulled the article simply because of the controversy and allegations of fraud, allegations that might themselves have been fraudulent. And, after all, it did take them five or six years to do so.

I guess we may never know but we do know that the behavior of "captured" agencies of the government has itself been scandalous. Given this, what Kennedy alleges is entirely plausible.

And I can't help but repeat that Kennedy can't be stupid enough to come out with a bogus report after the last controversy. This latest report must have been vetted to the most minute detail.

So except as noted, I retract nothing and faux outrage is your thing, not mine.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Without interrupting the ongoing bromances () I saw this today, I thought it was interesting and had info far beyond the topic at hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzxr9FeZf1g

Pete
Old 02-19-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Without interrupting the ongoing bromances () I saw this today, I thought it was interesting and had info far beyond the topic at hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzxr9FeZf1g

Pete
Fuck you, Pete!

(Just didn't want you to feel left out.)

John