Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I shouldn't really have to say this because I've already said many times that Daesh's actions are unforgivably barbaric. What I've been saying as well is that Daesh's barbarism mustn't be used as license for us to commit similar acts. That's my beef with you and with Mr. IQ.

John
If there is another way to destroy ISIL beyond what the coalition is doing - fine. Putting more of the less than 1% who serve in our military in harms way is unacceptable. They have already paid too high a price for that stupidity in Iraq and incompetent generalship in Afghanistan. We could have surgically removed bin Laden but Franks blew it.

I know your argument for why some of the Iraqis might welcome ISIL but what can we do - simply ignore the savagery.

As for the smart-ass nickname why is what I said any different than you going on about your university days? I have been quite upfront about not finishing high school. I still managed to support two households and acquire the property we have.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
A well-designed strategy that gets the job done in the best way possible, taking care to minimize civilian death, and with some thought for emerging into a less-fucked-up future, is more than OK, it's what's wanted. Airstrikes are pretty sure to be a part of that.
What kind of answer is that? What strategy is that? It gets the job done taking care to minimize civilian death? The reason ISIS, HAMAS, Al Qaeda and the rest of them locate where they do is because they want civilian death.

This is fucking ridiculous. Muslims are screaming that the French asked for dead civilians because the French have free speech and allow cartoons and movies and comedians to make "offensive" comments about Islam and the prophet. Are Muslims screaming because terrorist strategy is to draw airstrikes into neighborhoods where children will be killed because it generates beneficial anti-Iseraeli/US propaganda? Fuck no.

And you're buying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Angry proposals along the lines of 'I want them all dead dead dead, and shut up about the civilians, you effete intellectual, if they get it they deserve it?' Those are different.
Who wants "them all" dead. I don't want "them all" dead. I just want every fucking terrorist shitbag excuse for a human being dead. Civilians aren't ending up dead because of us or the Israelis. Civilians are ending up dead because it's the strategy of ISIS, Hamas, Hezbollah, and Al Qaeda.

But I get it. Let's all of us here at PC sit around the sweat lodge with our pants off holding hands and singing Kumbaya...and insist that every government on earth threatened by terrorist activities play paddycake and limit their responses so that not a single civilian...not even the civilians giving aid and comfort to terrorist scum will ever face a single threat in the response. And while we're at it, we'll stop our newspapers, and our TV stations, and our film makers, and our street mimes from producing anything that any Muslim on earth might possibly interpret as offensive. And if we don't and they and react by righteously gunning down, blowing up, or flying jetliners into innocent people just trying to make it through the day...it's because WE FUCKING ASKED FOR IT.

You people are nuts.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-12-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Fuck Bibi.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Will someone please lift the arm off that record.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Will someone please lift the arm off that record.
If/when it becomes inaccurate.

There's a root cause to everything and it begins with a pseudo-nations expectation of carte blanche in foreign affairs.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:22 PM

This episode has done to Bibi what the US politicians themselves cannot bring themselves to do. Let him show up soon after the pending DHS fiasco end of February. I am sure that the Europeans are watching with keen interest.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
As for the smart-ass nickname why is what I said any different than you going on about your university days? I have been quite upfront about not finishing high school. I still managed to support two households and acquire the property we have.
If "going on about it" means simply mentioning that I went, then guilty as charged but I don't "go on" about it or boast about having been a BMOC. (I think I've maybe mentioned it twice here, once in connection to increased tuition and once about having been a waiter at the campus hangout/beer pub.

John
Old 02-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If/when it becomes inaccurate.

There's a root cause to everything and it begins with a pseudo-nations expectation of carte blanche in foreign affairs.
But we all here know by now that you have amorous designs on Bibi.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
But we all here know by now that you have amorous designs on Bibi.
Okay, that was funny.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The 'Presidential candidate Obama' would've voted against this.

Pete