Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post
What would you change about the United States constitution?

I was browsing the forum, just now, and came along Big Bills introduction thread in which he talks about the Constitution as if its some sort of scripture written by geniuses, angels and gods.

But there must be some things everyone here would like to see put in to or taken out of the Constitution. Even Conservatives such as Michelle Bachmann and Mitt Romney would like to see a Constitutional amendment to define marriage as between a man and a woman exclusively.

Would anybody here like to see the Constitution abolished completely? Some argue that the Constitution, in many ways, helps to hold back the USA and makes it one of the least progressive countries in the Western world. Perhaps abolishing the separation of powers and some checks and balances would make the USA more progressive?

Brother_Karl,

I believe that you exaggerate my position slightly. lol

And due to the Constitution being Amendable by due possess, in accordance with the rules in the Constitution, I believe that our founding fathers being man of outstanding foresight saw the possible need for change sometime in the future, and included the ability to amend it.

And was it not George Washington that received our Constitution after he claimed Mt. Rushmore ? But I don't remember him mentioning that god gave it to him.

Bill
Old 01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Admin

Leave it be, being amenable to amendment makes it updateable. I'm all for progress but throwing the baby out with bathwater is foolish. What country's do you consider progressive Karl?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Perhaps the phrasing in the PA State Constitution:

"the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state"

Pete
Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Perhaps the phrasing in the PA State Constitution:

"the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state"

Pete
I agree with limits- no collateral damage allowed. If any rounds stray onto my property I'm gonna fire up the D8 and drive it right through the the offending party's house. I really don't want my neighbors to practice mutually assured destruction. That's damn unfriendly. As they say in my neck of the woods,
'Don't tread on me.'