Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Timeshares are for morons with such limited taste and imagination that they actually want to go to the same place in the same week every year for a vacation (and pay out the ass for the privilege of staying in a flimsily-built dump).

In other words, they're for people like you, Reason10.
It is almost impossible to lose money on real estate if purchased prudently upon resale, unless one is hit hard by bad timing such as a prolonged recession. Resale of time shares on the other hand begin at 50% of original cost and then gets lower and lower since people simply cannot make the monthly payments. Put away $50 a week and you can stay in great hotels most anywhere for a week's vacation and pay for the flight.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:48 PM
Banned

Real men and women buy real properties, time share is for losers and those who sell them are sleaze.

In most cases, yes.

Only suckers with no real assets buy time share properties and in some cases, one only buys a share of the lease and not the underlying property. Add to this the so called management fees and what do you get? A worthless piece of paper when it comes time to sell. In most instances you can get a classy hotel for a lot less investment with no long term commitment.

That certainly appears to be the case, mostly today. The exceptions to the rule are those Gulf coast properties I mentioned. They are real. I met their owners and they are happy with their investment in the 80s. And there is a massive demand for their pieces of paper.

Real estate agents STILL are drawn to the easy money of timeshare, in areas like Orlando. It's a lazy lifestyle. The agents meet their ups in the morning, tour them, do the drop and either sell or not. And they get out around 1 in the afternoon, where they end up in timeshare bars.

You're right. It's a loser industry.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Timeshares are for morons with such limited taste and imagination that they actually want to go to the same place in the same week every year for a vacation (and pay out the ass for the privilege of staying in a flimsily-built dump).

In other words, they're for people like you, Reason10.
I don't own a timeshare. I only used to sell them, and that was a very long time ago, probably before you were born.

And you ARE a moron with very limited taste and imagination. But you apparently have a LOT of time on your hands.

If there's a constant in my life, it's the fact that I've never been much of a vacationer. I work all the time, (mostly to pay taxes for your food stamps and welfare checks) I live in Florida which means I'm less than 20 minutes away from the most beautiful beaches in the world, and that's living in a state with the best economy, the best jobs, and the best state government in the US.

If I lived in some shee ite hole blue state like Michigan or Wisconsin, I might have been an easy mark for those resorts in Orlando.

(I've noticed that at this forum it is practically impossible to have a real discussion on ANY topic without the childish rancor just spewing like vomit. Somehow, most of the responses here have been insults and pathetic attempts to somehow link to the politics of the day. I'm not surprised. Liberal Woke goose steppers are the dumbest carbon based life forms in the universe. You people are incapable of a real discussion.)

Disney actually closed up operations last year due to the Obama virus. And all the timeshare resorts in town have shut down their sales lines. I may actually have an opportunity to spend a night at Star Island, for next to nothing, (and that is a Cadillac of a resort.) It's occupancy rates are practically zero and they'd be happy to have anyone in their condos.

(Problem is me having time to take off. I work all the time,so you liberals don't have to.)

The Orlando timeshare grapevine suggests that Disney's decision to bring back a few thousand employees this summer means tourism just might return to that area and the local timeshares will start up their lines.

I'm just glad I don't work in that industry any more. And yes, timeshare salesmen are kind of a sleazy, lazy lot. By comparison, they are Fortune 500 executives, compared to lowbrow goose stepping neckbeards like you.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
It is almost impossible to lose money on real estate if purchased prudently upon resale, unless one is hit hard by bad timing such as a prolonged recession. Resale of time shares on the other hand begin at 50% of original cost and then gets lower and lower since people simply cannot make the monthly payments. Put away $50 a week and you can stay in great hotels most anywhere for a week's vacation and pay for the flight.
Congrats. That was a discussion totally devoid of rancor and insults.

Here in Central Florida, there at one time were timeshare resale outlets, mostly close to Disney. They came out about 5 years after I quit the business. And they lasted until Florida shut them down for fraud. (A lot of them were taking money and handing over useless paper for a week that might not exist.)

The problem with timeshare resales today is the impossibility of getting financing. You want a Resort World week, you have to pay the full cash price up front. Resort World is very nice, although it is located just off hwy 192, the most congested tourist trap of all time. I wouldn't buy there, but in the late 80s I used to sell it. Kissimmee, Orlando and the Reedy Creek district were practically different worlds from today.

Wanna invest in real estate in Central Florida, go with housing, especially rental housing. People are STILL moving in at record rates. Housing is very high in demand. And forget any pretense at zoning. They are building neighborhoods all over the place, high rise apartments, duplexes, etc and they don't care that those neighborhoods are putting thousands of cars on the already crowded roads there already, (hence the roads constantly being under construction.)

I'm so glad I moved away in 2003.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:00 PM
Admin

Talking about sleazy operators, my in-laws bought a timeshare in Sandy Eggo many moons ago. After they moved on to a higher plane these sleaze buckets started calling my wife about payments being in arrears, she laughed them off while telling them to have a nice life and they were more likely to get blood out of a turnip and they should not call again.

One of these low class dunners made the mistake of talking to me recently. Poor soul, what a horrible job to take. He asked for my long deceased FiL and I responded that Pops had been deceased for 10 years and Mom had been gone 8 years, so would he like to use a Ouija board or employ a Spirit guide to contact them about their shit assed timeshare out east of Sandy Eggo in the desert?

The line went dead. What a soul sucking job timeshares are.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:19 PM

I always figured them to be a "one born every minute" scam.

Not worth the free meal to hear the speal.....

Figure anyone who sells or buys them would fit into the Trump cult and GOP nicely........
Old 05-03-2021, 04:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
I don't own a timeshare. I only used to sell them, and that was a very long time ago, probably before you were born.

And you ARE a moron with very limited taste and imagination. But you apparently have a LOT of time on your hands.

If there's a constant in my life, it's the fact that I've never been much of a vacationer. I work all the time, (mostly to pay taxes for your food stamps and welfare checks) I live in Florida which means I'm less than 20 minutes away from the most beautiful beaches in the world, and that's living in a state with the best economy, the best jobs, and the best state government in the US.
A former timeshare salesman criticizes the integrity of someone else? LOL.

As for having a lot of time on my hands, I don't write an epistle every time I post here like you do. As for your assertion that you're paying for my food stamps and welfare checks, I'm comfortably retired from a 38-year engineering career that took me, for work and pleasure, to over 60 countries and all 50 states.

Thankfully, I've never had to sell timeshares or substitute teach as my two engineering degrees and MBA have obviated the need for such low-rent employment.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
A former timeshare salesman criticizes the integrity of someone else? LOL.

As for having a lot of time on my hands, I don't write an epistle every time I post here like you do. As for your assertion that you're paying for my food stamps and welfare checks, I'm comfortably retired from a 38-year engineering career that took me, for work and pleasure, to over 60 countries and all 50 states.

Thankfully, I've never had to sell timeshares or substitute teach as my two engineering degrees and MBA have obviated the need for such low-rent employment.
Poor, ignorant tReason, lol. He has no idea that many of us here are well off and retired after long, interesting and successful careers that allowed us to travel the world. Sad little Trumpkin. Substitute teacher. Sad!
Old 05-03-2021, 10:24 PM

For the past four years it has been obvious to me and many others that even if we overlook all of trump's shortcomings, he is simply incapable of keep a stable functioning cabinet together and govern this country. Even worse he looked like an utter fool on the world stage creating chaos and lobbing insults via Twitter. How does anyone justify reelecting this moron?

And here is our Mr. Reason claiming trump as the best president ever. How does that comport?
Old 05-04-2021, 07:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
For the past four years it has been obvious to me and many others that even if we overlook all of trump's shortcomings, he is simply incapable of keep a stable functioning cabinet together and govern this country. Even worse he looked like an utter fool on the world stage creating chaos and lobbing insults via Twitter. How does anyone justify reelecting this moron?

And here is our Mr. Reason claiming trump as the best president ever. How does that comport?
He was a timeshare salesperson. 'Nuf said.