Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As near as I can tell Florida and Texas have done the sane thing. What worries me is that the Dragonette has taken our granddaughters to West Palm Beach and I doubt she has health insurance. They would have had the best of care in Canada.
I would not be surprised if people began moving to other ACA-Medicaid covered states just to be insured. Plus the uninsured are paying Federal taxes when they themselves are denied coverage.

Last edited by icenine; 04-07-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
The state of Virginia under Republican leadership did not accept the Medicaid expansion of the ACA, so the people visiting the bus in Virginia were denied health coverage by their government.
Nope pretty sure Dem's are in control. But their trying to put a budget together and Medicaid is pat of it. A bankrupted state I might add.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM

I do not think they have the state legislature.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As near as I can tell Florida and Texas have done the sane thing.
I believe the number of states who have refused the Medicare Expansion grants is sixteen, all of them with Republican governors. It was higher at one point, I think around half of all states, but some governors, like Jan Brewer, have reversed their earlier decisions and opted in.

As written, the ACA would have required states to accept these funds but that provision was the only aspect of the law which the Supreme Court struck down. So, in addition to Republican governors like McDonald, we can blame the five conservative justices for the tragedies like those in Virginia.

John
Old 04-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I believe the number of states who have refused the Medicare Expansion grants is sixteen, all of them with Republican governors. It was higher at one point, I think around half of all states, but some governors, like Jan Brewer, have reversed their earlier decisions and opted in.

As written, the ACA would have required states to accept these funds but that provision was the only aspect of the law which the Supreme Court struck down. So, in addition to Republican governors like McDonald, we can blame the five conservative justices for the tragedies like those in Virginia.

John
You are being kind in calling then justices as far as I can see they have no concept of justice.

Last edited by merrylander; 04-07-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
They can't afford health insurance because of the Obama-economics.
Sometimes...troll or not, one must comment on utter inanity. First of all, the only thing that kept this country from Great Depression II was the stimulus (and the TARP bailout before that). And had the country not gone into some idiotic reactionary "don't raise my taxes" self-absorbed bullshit, a long time ago we would have actually had the full complement of stimulus and government spending that would have pulled the country out of whatever economic doldrums remain. So if there's any blame to be pitched at Obama, it's for his knuckling under to popular pressure and growing negativity toward the comparative non-problem of the debt and growing objections, even out of his own moronic party, to pumping even more stimulus money into the economy.

As far as the cost of health insurance under the ACA is concerned...if many people are ending up with higher premiums, the primary reason is because they had horseshit insurance with gigantic deductibles and co-pays that covered basically nothing less than a catastrophic illness or injury (and a lot of the time the health insurance weasels would do their best to weasel out of an injury claim anyway). So now what is available is actual health insurance that covers everything...and I, for one, have little patience with cheap-ass Americans, who want everything for free, pissing and moaning about how their health insurance premium is 30 bucks, or 40 bucks, or 50 bucks a month more than it was before.

These are the same people who go ahead and wander into an ER with no insurance, or with their big deductible policy, knowing that they will never pay the bill they rack-up. So those of us who have been responsible and have been pumping premium dollars into the pot for years get stuck with their bill. Over and over again. So...just STFU about your higher premiums. STFU about the plan you can't get anymore, and STFU about having to pick a new doctor. Ya want egg in your beer for nothing? Take a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
They will be voting with their wallet..
They will be voting with a lot more than their wallet. They will be voting in reaction to the same issues, policy statements, and the same old generally idiotic social/political ideology that has handed the GOP it's ass on a plate in 5 of the last 6 popular presidential votes. And unless Republicans figure out what they need to do about the shifting of the culture as it relates to politics in this country they will be getting their ass whipped in the 2016 presidential race as well.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 04-07-2014 at 02:17 PM.