Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:42 PM

Loosing friends to the disinformation echo chamber.

I've had one long term friend in the conspiracy theory fringe for some time, and it's association with the Clinton/ Trump election is proving a plot complication beyond my ability to just accept and overlook anymore.

Now, I've re-established contact with someone I was once close, and from the outset, it's quite apparent that he has willingly fallen headfirst into the kool aid pitcher and gone brain dead from apoxia.

I have no illusions whatsoever about the absence of integrity and incompetence of the pretence POTUS, and just am done with humoring the gullibly self delusional, knowing that this will wilt my relationships with these and other folks. A sad passing, but I'm just too old for this bullshit from the king of bullshit artists and his supporters.
I just don't want to deal with it in my personal life anymore.

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-17-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:17 AM

PLUS ONE!

A BIG PLUS ONE!

I'm going to church in a few hours for a Baptism and will be biting my tongue and being civil. All the while there will be even in this of all hollow places, those family member's of mine. Who will be just the edge of their Pugh spoiling for an argument.
Tell them all the time, come over to the house and we can have a discussion for this is not the place or time. Never happens, it is though they relish in their ignorance and love confrontation.
I don't do the "in your Facebook" anymore because of all the strong political insights and infighting. Unfriending by those who whenever a contradictory opinion is viewed and also the many people behaving badly.

I recently had a acquaintance of many years who always thought I was a Republican. We never talked politics in the many years of knowing each other. Until he saw and then asked the question, when he noticed a picture of Obama on the bookcase. I could see in his eyes confusion setting in as he wrapped his head around this fact. Couldn't believe we weren't on the same team.
We haven't talked since then. I've called once and left a message, but learned long long ago. My phone not only is able to make calls but will receive them too!

Barney
Old 02-18-2018, 07:01 AM

My lunch buddy at work was a Trump supporter during the election. Actually, she was not so much a Trump supporter as a Hilary hater. In any case.... we decided to talk about anything else but politics. That was our way of remaining friends.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:47 AM

My fear is that Trump may be the first in long line of idiots we may elect because of Facebook and its sanctification of stupidity.

The world may have been a better place when you had to be smart and talented to present your view to the public via magazine articles, books, journals or even the approval of the editor of the letters to the op-ed page in the local newspaper.

In other words the internet may be destroying more than just record sales.
Yeah my post you are reading would not reach you but perhaps that would be a good thing.

Last edited by icenine; 02-18-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
My lunch buddy at work was a Trump supporter during the election. Actually, she was not so much a Trump supporter as a Hilary hater. In any case.... we decided to talk about anything else but politics. That was our way of remaining friends.
I have a number of friends and relatives who are Trumpsters. We simply don't talk politics. Maybe that's why I bend your ears here.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:18 PM

I have unfortunately had a sip of the koolaid and fallen victim to a limited amount of the political nonsense on face book though I prefer discussing records there. I am amazed at how many of my old friends have bought in to the liberal media bias and Trumpism in general. most of the time I refrain from commenting but on more than one occasion I have unfriended the person. The latest shooting really has em coming out of the woodwork, and recently I have been happy to offer my rebuttal!
Old 02-18-2018, 12:47 PM

Guess to my disappointment, well not really when you think about it. Is how a liberal leaning person is expected just to take all the abuse and hate speech with a silent grin. The right can say yell even and figure we will be nice back to them.

Today at church they were all happy the investigation is now over! See Trump had nothing to do with Russia! Once again i put in an appearance said nothing just listened. Left shaking my head. Thinking just how bat $hit crazy the country would be it this was the democrats accused of the same crimes.

Barney
Old 02-18-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Guess to my disappointment, well not really when you think about it. Is how a liberal leaning person is expected just to take all the abuse and hate speech with a silent grin. The right can say yell even and figure we will be nice back to them.

Today at church they were all happy the investigation is now over! See Trump had nothing to do with Russia! Once again i put in an appearance said nothing just listened. Left shaking my head. Thinking just how bat $hit crazy the country would be it this was the democrats accused of the same crimes.

Barney
I think the Special Counsel is just softening up the nation for the big blow.
Even if Trump and his associates are not found to have been cooperating with Russia, Trump's firing of Comey and his constant attacks on the FBI, along with requests for personal loyalty, will result in an obstruction of justice charge.

I guess $50 or a $100 bucks extra because of this unpaid for tax cut can blind people to the truth.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I think the Special Counsel is just softening up the nation for the big blow.
Even if Trump and his associates are not found to have been cooperating with Russia, Trump's firing of Comey and his constant attacks on the FBI, along with requests for personal loyalty, will result in an obstruction of justice charge.

I guess $50 or a $100 bucks extra because of this unpaid for tax cut can blind people to the truth.
Sure as hell bet there will never be a full reckoning of Comrade Trumpski. Get him on dirty money or obstruction perjury.

Barney
Old 02-18-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Sure as hell bet there will never be a full reckoning of Comrade Trumpski. Get him on dirty money or obstruction perjury.

Barney
Sadly the Republican congress will not care if he is proven to be a money launderer or a collaborator. For the Chief Executive to bash the FBI like he is doing right now is anti-American. To use the massacre in Florida as a tool to defame the FBI is disgusting.

Last edited by icenine; 02-18-2018 at 08:53 PM.