Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:27 PM

Foreign Relations - the Chicago Way

http://www.examiner.com/article/obam...uclear-program

"In a development that has largely been missed by mainstream media, the Pentagon early last month quietly declassified a Department of Defense top-secret document detailing Israel's nuclear program, a highly covert topic that Israel has never formally announced to avoid a regional nuclear arms race, and which the US until now has respected by remaining silent.

But by publishing the declassified document from 1987, the US reportedly breached the silent agreement to keep quiet on Israel's nuclear powers for the first time ever, detailing the nuclear program in great depth."

That'll teach Bibi to speak to Congress without permission, much less daring to get himself re-elected!

So, we're de-classifying info about Isreali nukes, and we're helping Iran go nuclear. Someone needs to tell my why we're hell bent in staring a nuclear arms race in the Middle East....
Old 03-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Admin

We're helping Iran get nukes?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Admin

Washington Examiner - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Examiner

"The Washington Examiner is a political journalism publication based in Washington, D.C., that distributes its content via daily online reports and a weekly magazine.[1] It is owned by MediaDC,[2] a subsidiary of Clarity Media Group,[3] which is owned by Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz[4] and which also owns the influential conservative opinion magazine The Weekly Standard.[5]" Wiki
Old 03-26-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
We're helping Iran get nukes?
Sure looks that way. We pull back on the sanctions, and Iran agrees to slow down its nuke program. If Iran agrees to the deal and complied, they'll be nuclear in 10 years or so. If they agree to the deal and then fail to comply, which given their prior behavior seems more likely, they'll be nuclear when they're ready, and they'll have had sanctions eased in the process.

Its a great deal if you're The Ayatollah...
Old 03-26-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Washington Examiner - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Washington_Examiner

"The Washington Examiner is a political journalism publication based in Washington, D.C., that distributes its content via daily online reports and a weekly magazine.[1] It is owned by MediaDC,[2] a subsidiary of Clarity Media Group,[3] which is owned by Denver billionaire Philip Anschutz[4] and which also owns the influential conservative opinion magazine The Weekly Standard.[5]" Wiki
The article I posted was not from the "Washington Examiner". But I suspect you'll like "Examiner's" source article even less.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...5#.VRRAy9Lkvq2
Old 03-26-2015, 12:57 PM
Area Man

Ah, the "silent agreement".............Did they take a blood oath, double dog daring anyone to tell as well?

Israel has nukes............

Ooooooooo, the secret is out.

Dave
Old 03-26-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
"In a development that has largely been missed by mainstream media, the Pentagon early last month quietly declassified a Department of Defense top-secret document detailing Israel's nuclear program, a highly covert topic that Israel has never formally announced to avoid a regional nuclear arms race, and which the US until now has respected by remaining silent.
Right! Not a soul knew they had nukes until the Pentagon opened their big mouth!

Quote:
"But by publishing the declassified document from 1987, the US reportedly breached the silent agreement to keep quiet on Israel's nuclear powers for the first time ever, detailing the nuclear program in great depth."

That'll teach Bibi to speak to Congress without permission, much less daring to get himself re-elected!
Yes, it will. It also paints a clear picture of Netanyahu's true concerns about the possibility of an Iranian weapons program. If Israel isn't the only nuclear power in the neighborhood, it'll be a bit harder for them to be the bully.

Quote:
So, we're de-classifying info about Isreali nukes, and we're helping Iran go nuclear.
What a stupid thing to say!

And the "Chicago style" trope is so, so tired!

But, if you want to use it, try being fair. Wouldn't you say that the letter from the 47 traitors, the invitation to Netanyahu to come over here and trash the President and the Republican's collusion with Israel over the P5+1 spying intel were pretty "Chicago style"

Last edited by Boreas; 03-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
Sure looks that way. We pull back on the sanctions, and Iran agrees to slow down its nuke program. If Iran agrees to the deal and complied, they'll be nuclear in 10 years or so. If they agree to the deal and then fail to comply, which given their prior behavior seems more likely, they'll be nuclear when they're ready, and they'll have had sanctions eased in the process.

Its a great deal if you're The Ayatollah...
Typical neocon groupthink. Loved the title of this thread though...dog whistle much?
Old 03-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
The article I posted was not from the "Washington Examiner". But I suspect you'll like "Examiner's" source article even less.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...5#.VRRAy9Lkvq2
I especially liked the Breitbart link.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What a stupid thing to say!

And the "Chicago style" trope is so, so tired!

But, if you want to use it, try being fair. Wouldn't you say that the letter from the 47 traitors, the invitation to Netanyahu to come over here and trash the President and the Republican's collusion with Israel over the P5+1 spying intel were pretty "Chicago style"
Truth hurts, doesn't it? Even Senate Dems are complaining about how the Iran deal is proceeding, how it spells trouble in the Middle East. The Saudi's, who have been interested in nukes for a while, are reportedly ramping up talks with Pakistan for nuclear technology. And if you think the Turks are going to sit by and watch their neighbors nuke up, you're in for a surprise.

As far as the "47 traitors", get over it. You lost the argument about whether there was a violation of the Logan Act. Continuing to call them "traitors" is akin to the old saw about "repeating a lie often enough..." Besides, a who buncha Dems showed up to hear Bibi speak. Are they traitors too?