Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:35 AM

Thanks Politico...

...for confirming what many of us have known for some time now.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...son-91871.html

"Attkisson’s one piece of solace may come from finally gaining some like-minded colleagues in the media. For years, Attkisson has been one of the few mainstream reporters pursuing critical stories about the Obama administration. Today, as “scandal season” takes hold in Washington, she has seen her longstanding skepticism of the White House and the Justice Department become the conventional attitude among a formerly deferential Beltway press corps.

I'm sure that the "conventional attitude" Mr Byers refers to in the last sentence above won't last, however. The "scandal season" will pass the closer we get to the 2014 election cycle.

Note that Atkinson was just as critical of the Bush Administration as she has been of the current crowd. She tends to be skeptical of government, not of one political party or another.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Jigsawed

Fast and furious?!:
Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 AM

Puff Piece
Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 AM

“She is actually doing what journalists are supposed to do,” said Laura Ingraham, the conservative radio host. “That’s not easy in Washington, D.C., where we have a president with whom the majority of reporters agree with politically.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...#ixzz2UbZtKlch

ROTFLMAO!!!

So much for credibility.

Carl
Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Admin

It sure is fashionable over at Faux News to question the integrity of journalists far and wide when they perceive a liberal bias. Could it be that they have little to no journalistic integrity themselves at Fox? That it is simply their bias being reflected outwards?

No matter, Sharyl would fit right in with line up of bubble headed bleach blondes at Faux should she wish to.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
“She is actually doing what journalists are supposed to do,” said Laura Ingraham, the conservative radio host. “That’s not easy in Washington, D.C., where we have a president with whom the majority of reporters agree with politically.”

ROTFLMAO!!!

So much for credibility.

Carl
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny too.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:35 PM

They gotta keep at a full court press as Obamacare numbers are coming out and it's showing they are less than what was predicted rather than more.

As this gets out the red states get more purple and the GOPT becomes less and less relevant.....
Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post

ROTFLMAO!!!

So much for credibility.

Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny too.
Given the overall content of the article, and given Ms. Atkinson's rather even-handed history, its an odd quote to focus on out of that entire article, IMHO.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
They gotta keep at a full court press as Obamacare numbers are coming out and it's showing they are less than what was predicted rather than more.

As this gets out the red states get more purple and the GOPT becomes less and less relevant.....
What underground left-wing off-planet news source did you source that info from? I'm only asking because every single source that I've seen - left wing, right wing, centrist - demonstrates clearly that costs have were vastly under-estimated, and not by a small margin either.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
What underground left-wing off-planet news source did you source that info from? I'm only asking because every single source that I've seen - left wing, right wing, centrist - demonstrates clearly that costs have were vastly under-estimated, and not by a small margin either.
Forbes........