Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I was listening to Chuck Todd this morning and he had this False Debt Crisis Senator on from South Dakota who was saying repeal was not going to happen but that Obamacare was bad because our grandchildren would have to pay for it...in other words it is going to be lumped in with SS and Medicare as an evil entitlement that we cannot afford.

Which means the Republicans have come to accept it like the rain. Or will be soon

Todd pissed me off did not challenge the Senator on the bullshit he was spouting on the air...MSNBC is starting to piss me off in the morning anyway...they give voice to these idiots instead of ignoring them.
You're getting pissed off at MSNBC? For allowing an opposing view?

And I thought you liberals were the epitome of tolerance and open mindedness.

Personally, I always enjoy hearing the opposition's viewpoint. Some of them more than others, but as a rule everyone has something of consequence to contribute. And I appreciate a venue in which they are allowed to speak their mind without being abused and shouted down.

I would like to make a few other observations, but I have to run...O'Reilly's on.

Chas
Old 12-14-2013, 03:46 PM

NO

Todd did not challenge him

it is bad when untruths are spouted without pointing it out
some low-info voters might have heard it lol

Last edited by icenine; 12-14-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
NO

Todd did not challenge him

it is bad when untruths are spouted without pointing it out
some low-info voters might have heard it lol
You don't get it, do you?

Chas
Old 12-14-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Well, whell...tough shit. Where were these whiny small business owners every time there was a premium hike over the last 45 years? They were where they are now...and what was their response? Passing it on to their employees, or dumping the nice PPO plans entirely and forcing some piece of shit HMO plan on the workers because it was putting a dent in their bottom line...and not a peep out of any of them. And not a peep out of the workers either, who had to change plans and change doctors. (Been through it a number of times myself with various and sundry providers and employers.)

But now...now when it's poor people finally having the opportunity to have coverage and now when it's the Kenyan anti-colonialist driving the changes in the structure...now it's an outrage.

Give it a rest.
And, of course, Ike, Whell doesn't mention that this rate hike has ZERO to do with the ACA!! Insurance rates have been rising for the last 50 years.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menton1 View Post
And, of course, Ike, Whell doesn't mention that this rate hike has ZERO to do with the ACA!! Insurance rates have been rising for the last 50 years.
Couldn't give me a jet ski.

Chas
Old 12-14-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
As usual, you've complete missed the point. The point was, why were all of these businesses, Faux news and legions of "patriots" so quiet for all these years not complaining about the increases? Why is it now that they are jumping up and down and not for the past four decades?
They have been. If you've missed it, then, as usual, your perception is highly, and possibly purposely, selective. But this isn't the solution they envisioned.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Whell the issue is that we did not hear a peep out of you in past years when 10 and 20% increases in premiums was the law of the land. So we know that you are only bitching now because it Obamacare. As long as it was United Healthcare or Humana, or Aetna you did not say a damn word.

Sure ACA is a screw-up, when have you people ever done anything halfway intelligent about healthcare? Every other industrialized nation does it better at half the price, so what other conclusion can we draw?
That's BS as well. You've been chatting with Rex, I see.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Sometimes Whell I think you have never been on the opposite side of the telescope.....I have not either, but my experience has been broader than most.

Imagine you are not the guy sitting at a desk in HR ....imagine your the guy 180 degrees away.
I AM that guy sitting 180 degrees on the other side of that desk, genius.

Last edited by whell; 12-15-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menton1 View Post
Zero to do with ACA, huh? Tell me, what do you know about the adjusted community rating provisions in ACA, and how those provisions impact how health insurance is priced in the individual and small group health insurance market? What can you tell me about the how the various taxes and fees that are part of the ACA are estimated to impact the cost of health insurance premiums?

Harry Reid underestimated the cost of the ACA, but thought it would cost taxpayers around $1 trillion over 10 years. Where's that money going to come from? Can you answer that?
Old 12-14-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
They have been. If you've missed it, then, as usual, your perception is highly, and possibly purposely, selective. But this isn't the solution they envisioned.
The flack is the heaviest whenever you're over the target.

Chas