Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:56 PM

Canadian Truckers "Freedom Convoy"

Canada has not responded decisively to the so called "Freedom Convoy" that may well be a MAGA financed operation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Convoy_2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/07/ameri...day/index.html

After almost 2 weeks of this foolishness Canadian PM Trudeau still hasn't cracked down on it. The Canadian Gov. should impound as evidence every one of the vehicles involved:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60331882
Old 02-10-2022, 05:14 PM

The vast majority of the Convoy complaints are provincial edicts and PM has no authority over them. The transborder vaccine requirement is the law on both sides of the border. So even if the PM rescinded the requirement in Canada the truckers couldn't get into the U.S.A anyway.
Here is a backgrounder on the Convoy leardership.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg convoy.jpeg (8.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-11-2022, 07:50 AM
Banned

I've known plenty of big rig truckers...all those early years in as a plant managerand shipping manager in chemical factories and on the loading docks. I liked some of them, some were OK, and some were annoying at best. So, in my experience, it's no surprise that among the ranks of truckers there would be plenty of alt-right, anti-vaxx assholes more than willing to fuck up everybody else's life to get whatever it is they might want at the moment.

So...as in this country, the federal government has no authority over CDL or whatever they call trucker licensure in Canada. It's all under the control of the individual Provincial government licensure authorities. And what the Provincial leadership has the authority to do is tell these economic terrorists that they have 12 hours to move their equipment off this stretch of road. And if they don't, they won't be scolded, they won't be fined, they won't be laid off for two weeks...the Provincial licensure athorities will revoke their licenses to operate permanently...no appeal...no renewal ever. So...how many DeSantis/Abbott types are the provincial bosses...who can say? But this is happening in Ontario, and as far as I know the "Progressive Conservative" party led by Doug Ford is not going to risk their political standing by cracking down on alt-right, anti-vaxxer truck drivers. DeSantis/Abbott in spades.

As far as the Canadian people are concerned, polls taken in the last three days report that although 46% of Canadians are "sympathetic to truck driver's complaints", that 2/3 of Canadians oppose the convoy blockade and want it ended immediately. Will that make a difference to Doug Ford and the PC's in Ontario...if the people in Ontario are anything like the people in this country...it won't make a shit bit of difference.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-11-2022 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-11-2022, 09:22 AM

The way I see it Canada's screwed. They (the leadership) seem to lack the will to deal decisively with the Ottawa Invasion of 2022. Those behind it have figured this out so they won't relent until they get what they want. Dealing with the "Freedom Convoy" is only dealing with the tip of the spear. You have to get at those holding the spear. I'm sure they have plenty of support (financial and otherwise) from south of the border (the U.S.). It's become not so much about the vaccine mandates as it it sticking it to the government in charge.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:48 AM
Ready

Homeland security fingerprints all truckers who seek Hazmat endorsements on their license, and can block that if the driver fails a background check. For whatever that's worth. There is a warning about a planned US protest convoy starting at LA on Sunday, coming from--guess who--Homeland Security. This is beginning to look a lot like Insurrection II. There may be a test of Army loyalty, which Dondillion warns us is shakey in elite units, really soon.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:55 AM
Ready

If I was the governor of California, I would have the National Guard standing by, with equipment to haul away big trucks.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:13 AM

Ontario declares state of emergency, announces "severe" consequences for blockades

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ontar...161505100.html

Quote:
Ontario Premier Doug Ford has declared a province-wide state of emergency as anti-vaccine mandate protests continue to block streets in Ottawa and access to the busiest border crossing in North America.

Ford announced the state of emergency at a press conference on Friday morning, and said cabinet will convene to enact orders "that will make it crystal clear it is illegal and punishable to block and impede the movements of goods, people and services along critical infrastructure."

Ford says the orders will be aimed at protecting international border crossings, 400-series highways, airports, ports, bridges and railways, as well as the safe movement of medical services, public transit, municipal and provincial roadways and pedestrian walkways. Fines for non-compliance "will be severe", Ford says, with a maximum fine of up to $100,000 and up to a year in prison.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Ready

Hope he's got the omph to back it up. He'll need the army, most likely. And as Rick says, "You have to get at those holding the spear." They are in the US.

I see things looking really bad. Let's start with Mitch McConnell. His coming out against Trump looks, as 'Beau of the 5th Column' says (anyone else follow him) like an unforced error, all downside, no upside. So why he do that? He must think Trump is set to stink on ice, and wants to distance himself. That must mean he knows about big shit coming out of Jan 6 Committee.

Well, if he knows about that, the Trump Gang knows about it. And what are they going to do, just sit still and get kicked to oblivion by the investigation? I think they are making their move, a big one. This thing in California is supposed to be the start of a convoy that will cross the US, get huge, and hit DC at State of the Union time. I think the plan is nothing less than to paralyze the country and bring down the government.

The start at Superbowl will probably be relatively nice, lots of flags, civil seeking for redress of grievance, not much trouble. They will actually hope for trouble that will look like government oppression though. Makes the response difficult.

I suggest stockpiling food and other survival supplies.

Last edited by donquixote99; 02-11-2022 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:03 PM
Rational Anarchist

At least the Canadians can't blame Trump. Although they are behaving American.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:13 PM

A good guess there are outside of Canada forces helping fuel the unrest. My money is on Russian fingerprints on the key boards…..

Last edited by Oerets; 02-11-2022 at 01:28 PM.