Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Obama fans: Are you proud of this?

Harassing private citizens for engaging in politics and making political donations is one tool that the Obama camp is not above using / abusing. I thought the left hated Nixon because of his "enemies list"?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...560038208.html
Old 05-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

"A look through Federal Election Commission records did not show any payments to Fusion or Mr. Wolf from political players, such as the Democratic National Committee, the Obama campaign, or liberal Super PACs. Then again, when political groups want to hire researchers, it is not uncommon to hire a less controversial third party, which then hires the researchers. "

So who is jumping to conclusions? Frankly since the Wall Street Urinal is owned by that champion of GOP causes, Old Hacker Rupert, we might be forgiven for taking anything it prints with a dose of salts.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM

So, it's just a coincidence that the Obama camp singles out a private citizen by name, and than scumbags with ties to Democrats and lefties show up and start digging through his past for dirt? To me, even if the scumbags were doing this as volunteer work,it's still unethical as hell. Harassing family members, or creating or contributing to an environment where that harassment occurs, is also unethical.

It wasn't long ago that the Prez chided his political opponents for lack of civility in political discourse. Is singling out private citizen campaign donors and then sending out the trolls to dig up dirt and harass their families the new definition of civility in political discourse?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, it's just a coincidence that the Obama camp singles out a private citizen by name, and than scumbags with ties to Democrats and lefties show up and start digging through his past for dirt? To me, even if the scumbags were doing this as volunteer work,it's still unethical as hell. Harassing family members, or creating or contributing to an environment where that harassment occurs, is also unethical.

It wasn't long ago that the Prez chided his political opponents for lack of civility in political discourse. Is singling out private citizen campaign donors and then sending out the trolls to dig up dirt and harass their families the new definition of civility in political discourse?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

So now one individual is the whole left wing, give me a break.

If you really want to see dirty politics take a look at the BS the Koch Brothers are paying for on behalf of ol scotty in Wisconsin.

Last edited by merrylander; 05-12-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Area Man

Quote:

Oh, as if Republicans NEVER dig up dirt and defame people? Oh, no, not the saintly GOP! Why such squeaky clean Christian do-gooders would never dream of such a thing.

Spare me.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, as if Republicans NEVER dig up dirt and defame people? Oh, no, not the saintly GOP! Why such squeaky clean Christian do-gooders would never dream of such a thing.

Spare me.
Of course, it doesn't give you pause that this is coming from the guy who promised an end to politics as usual, and demanded civility from his political opponents.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Of course, it doesn't give you pause that this is coming from the guy who promised an end to politics as usual, and demanded civility from his political opponents.
Nope. Not at all. Well, only when the other side does it, of course.

I learned this from you.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Admin

Whell, It's been done since time immemorial. When the first caveman stepped up to lead there were detractors. Now all of a sudden it's distastefful to questions someones motivations and ethics when they put their big bag of cash on their favorite horse? It's politics as usual and I for one don't see why there is any consternation being expressed.

You're being naive at best.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:23 AM

Did you read the article? This involves far more than one individual.