Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:59 AM

I don't understand parties either.. I have never claimed to be any of them.. or liberal or right wing, or what ever...

I like some thinking of both sides, I hate the thinking of both sides, and honestly, I have never found a single politician I liked or would support.. They are all lieing stealing people with agendas in my book...
Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 PM

One of the biggest shocks I had when I moved to the US was how divisive politics were compared to Canada. Sure, their are disagreements between parties and their followers here, but nothing like the pure hatred that exists in the US.
Maybe only having 2 parties is the issue?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:59 PM

Did they have as many criminals in politics in Canada as they do in the US?

Or people with personal agendas?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
Did they have as many criminals in politics in Canada as they do in the US?

Or people with personal agendas?
Maybe not AS many, but we have our share.

Gotta keep in mind too that the US was built out of war, while Canada came to be out of political agreement.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:20 PM

I think the agandas and crimes in the government is a big part of the hatred in the US.. or maybe frustration that builds into a hated.... God knows we can still piss off other countries all too well.. .

Very good point as to how the countries each came about. Amazing how a history of the certian type of disposition still seems to be the same kind of citizens that still make up a country..
Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretinus View Post
I think it's simply because this nation has been content to sit back and do nothing while both parties became slaves to special interest groups who serve agendas instead of the country.

When the republican small business owner supports something because his party told him it was good for him, he didn't bother too see that it benefitted someone who wanted to put him out of business 1000 times more. When the democrat union member supported his party's agenda, he didn't see it meant having the government dictate every moment of his life.

The balance was lost, and now real America is a ping pong ball being knocked about between opposing forces.
+1 ....
Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I think it's simply because this nation has been content to sit back and do nothing while both parties became slaves to special interest groups who serve agendas instead of the country.

The balance was lost, and now real America is a ping pong ball being knocked about between opposing forces.
Quoted for Truth.
"Ecpyrosis" will not be found in most dictionaries, but it is a philosophical term of the stoics, from the greek "ekpyrosis", and it means: "conflagration; the periodic resolution of all things into fire".
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
My opinion of this man has just been elevated to new levels.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:35 AM

True 'dat.
Jimmy
Old 05-17-2009, 07:44 PM

Divisive politics

Why?

Because it's a game, and a sham. You have the media cheerleaders out there acting like there is a difference between the parties. I suppose there is, but it's pretty thin.

For the politicians, it's about money and power. Do you think they ran for election to help the average slob?

As long as everyone is kept busy cheering for the home team, then they're too busy to look around and realize what a bunch of suckers they really are. They're using your money to buy themselves votes. The more pissed off they can keep you, the less likely it is that you'll go off the reservation and create a viable 3rd party. 3rd parties are only allowed at the moment to split the vote.

I believe it was FDR who said "There are no accidents in politics".

Than again, what else is new,
Chas