Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:18 AM

The Nordic country, one of the richest in the world by GDP per capita, was last year named the happiest nation on the planet and is known for a cradle-to-grave welfare state funded in part by large reserves of oil and natural gas.

Yeah, social*sm is such a nasty thing, lol.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
There are talented people in every place on Earth. And, that is what immigration needs to be based on. Not some diversity bull shit.
OK. Then it might be skewed to Asians...Koreans, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indians.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Ambassador to Panama John Feeley, a career diplomat and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot, has resigned, telling the State Department he no longer feels able to serve President Donald Trump.

“As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come,” Feeley said, according to an excerpt of his resignation letter read to Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1F1227
Old 01-12-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
[I]WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Ambassador to Panama John Feeley, a career diplomat and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot, has resigned, telling the State Department he no longer feels able to serve President Donald Trump.
Whell: “Damn lefties!”
Old 01-12-2018, 11:38 AM

Donny is doing his default defense this morning, lying about it. I hope someone taped it. F’ing lying pig.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Which Trump do you agree with, moron? This one?

In September 2016, then-candidate Donald Trump promised to be a "champion" for Haitian-Americans.

"I'm running to be president of all Americans, that's everybody, and whether you vote for me or don't vote for me, I really want to be your greatest champion and I will be your champion," Trump told a small group of Haitian-Americans in Miami.
He added: "The Haitian people deserve better. That is what I intend to give them. I will give them better."

This is the lying SOB you support? You worthless piece of shit.
I'm pretty sure he was addressing the Haitian-American voters, not Haitian residents. While what the President said was politically incorrect (which his base loves), lots of people do indeed emigrate to the US to escape a miserable existence.

Last edited by nailer; 01-12-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Now, (Republican) Senators Perdue and Cotton both say that they "cannot recall" Trump making his racist statements. Profiles in courage, indeed.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Now, (Republican) Senators Perdue and Cotton both say that they "cannot recall" Trump making his racist statements. Profiles in courage, indeed.

Didn't deny Mr Trump said it, just don't remember. How convenient that is for them.

Barney
Old 01-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Didn't deny Mr Trump said it, just don't remember. How convenient that is for them.

Barney
Lindsey Graham remembered them and told fellow Senator Tim Scott about them.

U.S. Sen. Tim Scott said he talked to fellow South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham about hearing President Donald Trump's "shithole countries" comment and Graham confirmed to him the president said it.

Graham, Scott said, told him the reported comments are “basically accurate.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...50e17b81f.html
Old 01-12-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Ambassador to Panama John Feeley, a career diplomat and former Marine Corps helicopter pilot, has resigned, telling the State Department he no longer feels able to serve President Donald Trump.

“As a junior foreign service officer, I signed an oath to serve faithfully the president and his administration in an apolitical fashion, even when I might not agree with certain policies. My instructors made clear that if I believed I could not do that, I would be honor bound to resign. That time has come,” Feeley said, according to an excerpt of his resignation letter read to Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1F1227
Speaking to reporters, Under Secretary of State Steve Goldstein said he was aware of Feeley’s planned departure on Thursday morning, before Trump’s alleged use of the vulgar term, and said the ambassador was leaving for “personal reasons.”

The Trump administration has taken a tougher stance on immigration from Latin America, most notably with moves to expel hundreds of thousands of immigrants from El Salvador, Haiti and Nicaragua who benefited from temporary protection status after natural disasters.

The "protection from natural disasters" was supposed to be temporary, as noted above. For example, the earthquake in Haiti that this immigration order was pursuant to was in 2010. How much longer SHOULD it be required to remain in place?

The temporary order for El Salvador goes all the way back to 2001 following an earthquake there. How much longer SHOULD it be required to remain in place.

Temporary means temporary. It should not create an open ended invitation to enter a country and remain there indefinitely. If the Ambassador disagrees, fine. He needs to go find another line of work.