Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Persona non grata

Venezuela’s Deep Political Education

Finally an article that gives the truth about what is going on in Venezuela, instead of all the knee jerk propaganda and demonization that we keep being fed.

http://www.alternet.org/activism/ven...-wing-protests

Venezuela’s Deep Political Education Means They Will Withstand Right-Wing Protests

Quote:
Americans might be fooled by mass media misinformation, but Venezuelans know what is really happening in their country.

The misinformation in most of the media about the protests in Venezuela is really astounding. Often the opposite of reality is repeated as if it were true. Americans who rely on the corporate mass media, politicians and corrupted non-profits might fall for these tales, but the Venezuelans know what is really happening.

Venezuelans have gone through fourteen years of abuse and lies, including a coup attempt. They know what is really occurring in their economy and political system and are aware that their government is in a battle with the power of money both internally as well as with the US Empire. In every election since 2002 Venezuelans have shown that their deep political education, participatory democracy and experience will overcome the falsehoods of the opposition. The violent actions of the opposition and intentional undermining of the economy are signs of an oligarch class that has lost power and is desperate. It must work outside of democracy to try to re-take control of the government.

Maria Paez Victor told us that the opposition will fail because they have no political base outside of the wealthy class. She writes:

“These violent tactics have no hope of succeeding because, unlike 1999, the Venezuelan people are now organized into many groups: the communal councils, the communes, the thousands of health, security, militia, sports, educational, cultural committees. The Bolivarian Revolution has fostered, not a mass of people, but an organized organic population that makes decisions about its living conditions along with its government because Venezuela is now a fully functioning participatory democracy.”

Polls show President Maduro is the most popular president in Latin America and the people of Venezuela are not fooled by the oligarch protests. According to a poll by International Consulting Services (ICS), 85.3% of Venezuelans disagree with protests mounted by sectors of the ultra-Venezuelan right. The poll found 81.6% of Venezuelans say that it is the opposition protests that have been violent and 91.3% replied that preserving Venezuelan democracy is very important. The people of Venezuela do not want their democracy undermined by a mob demanding regime change.
continued
Old 03-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

That is if Maduro does not bankrupt the country first.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Ready

1. The right, when things get tough, will definitely and purposefully bankrupt you to protect the privileges of the wealthy.

2. The left, when things get tough, may or may not bankrupt the country, but they will do it while trying to assure the survival and prosperity of the masses.

Pick a side.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
1. The right, when things get tough, will definitely and purposefully bankrupt you to protect the privileges of the wealthy.

2. The left, when things get tough, may or may not bankrupt the country, but they will do it while trying to assure the survival and prosperity of the masses.

Pick a side.
Maduro is attempting to foment his brand of politics throughout South America both with direct funding as well as cheap oil. Infaltion in Venezuala is going through the roof. His suspicious mind causes him to fire skilled workers and nationalize companies that could help the country.

Plus he is providing all sorts of public assistance to Venezuelans beyond what the nation's budget can afford. I believe in helping people but you have to do this without bankrupting the country,
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post

Pick a side.
In principle I can see what your suggesting. But, I'm thinking the left can get just as nasty when they find themselves backed into a corner. Personally, I believe either ideology, allowed to run amuck, will bankrupt a country with lightning speed. The overall numbers may look better under a rightwing regime, but most of the country finds themselves close to the bone.

It's all about balance.

Dave
Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
In principle I can see what your suggesting. But, I'm thinking the left can get just as nasty when they find themselves backed into a corner. Personally, I believe either ideology, allowed to run amuck, will bankrupt a country with lightning speed. The overall numbers may look better under a rightwing regime, but most of the country finds themselves close to the bone.

It's all about balance.

Dave
Actually, I agree completely. The best sort of polity has effective input from right and left, with neither having a monopoly on power. I am sorry that cooperation between the two camps is at it's current low here. Continuing on this path will make us more Venezula-like.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Maduro is attempting to foment his brand of politics throughout South America both with direct funding as well as cheap oil. Infaltion in Venezuala is going through the roof. His suspicious mind causes him to fire skilled workers and nationalize companies that could help the country.

Plus he is providing all sorts of public assistance to Venezuelans beyond what the nation's budget can afford. I believe in helping people but you have to do this without bankrupting the country,
Yes, leftists are prone to excesses such as you suggest are happening. The rightests, of course, have their own characteristic sins. What is needed is for them both to be in the game together, at least checking each other, and ideally actually cooperating....
Old 03-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Resident octogenarian

Well if Maduro were any further let he would fall off the end. In any case he is not my problem we buy our gas at Shell because of the Giant discount and not at Citgo.