Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You think I'm a right wing Republican and Whell thinks I'm a flaming liberal. Cool. I have both of you mindless ideologues right where I want you.
In a political climate where we have "alt-Right" Fascists tied to our Glorious Leader in Waiting, Neo-Nazis and Klansmen claiming they're "not racist", they just love and support white folks..............

I'm thinking this country can't get much further to the right without sliding off the planet.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You're right, we'll need to wait and see. But if you're right about Trump being limited to 4 years, I hope its filled with stuff like this:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...ally/95223894/

Dow Chemical Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris said the Midland-based chemical giant would build a new research and development center in its mid-Michigan hometown.

“We’re going to invest in a new state-of-the-art innovation center in Michigan,” Liveris said on stage at Trump’s rally at the DeltaPlex Arena near Grand Rapids.

The company said late Friday the facility would lead to the creation of 100 jobs and “repatriating” 100 other jobs from its global operations to Michigan. Liveris said the facility would keep “several hundred” jobs in the Great Lakes State.

Dow Chemical’s chairman credited Trump’s pro-business policies for the company’s investment decision.

“We could have waited,” Liveris said. “We could have put it anywhere in the world. ... We’re going to use American hard work and American dreams and we’re going to fight for the Dow company in the U.S.A.”
You just posted an excellent illustration of exactly what I'm talking about.

What propelled Trump into the presidency was votes from millions of blue collar workers who have been led to believe he cares about them and wants to "Make America Great Again!". What do you suppose that means to them? It means a job like Grandpa had. High hourly wages, union representation and a lifetime retirement package at the end of this rainbow. This is what these folks believe he has promised.

I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen, because..........

What are you crowing about?

200 white collar jobs and the "hope" that patriotism drives more corporate leaders to forsake profits in the name of Yankee Doodle Dandiness.

Sorry but I just can't get but so positive about that.

And if that's the pattern, Trump will have a much harder fight in 2020.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Ready

In alt-reality, there will be millions of jobs. Don't give us no liberal facts! Alt-reality is much more happy.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
In alt-reality, there will be millions of jobs. Don't give us no liberal facts! Alt-reality is much more happy.
Oh, yes I've heard all of that too. A coworker was staring at the screen all starry eyed at lunch time last night and softly whispered aloud..."He is already the greatest president ever."...............

It was friggin' creepy. The "greatest president ever" and he hasn't done anything as of yet besides grab credit for a handful of "saved" jobs and put on a giant, flashy dog and pony show. Done nothing but partially assemble a cabinet, thus far picking mostly loonies. Hasn't even been inaugurated.

WTF is it with these people, Don? I hate to use the word "brainwashed" but what else could it be?
Old 12-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, yes I've heard all of that too. A coworker was staring at the screen all starry eyed at lunch time last night and softly whispered aloud..."He is already the greatest president ever."...............

It was friggin' creepy. The "greatest president ever" and he hasn't done anything as of yet besides grab credit for a handful of "saved" jobs and put on a giant, flashy dog and pony show. Done nothing but partially assemble a cabinet, thus far picking mostly loonies. Hasn't even been inaugurated.

WTF is it with these people, Don? I hate to use the word "brainwashed" but what else could it be?
When reality is what you see on a screen, it can be anything. Brainwashed is a good word, I think. People's instincts give us our wants and needs, and we need an identity, to know who we are. And we need to feel OK about it, and how we fit in to a reality we understand. Once we build all that a certain way, we stick with it as long as it seems to work. We are all naturally conservative about our own beliefs and cutlure and identity; challenges to them make us angry oftentimes, make us willing to fight.

To change it, you basically have to change reality--where one goes, who ones sees, what they say and do. This can be regular reality or media reality, but the technology is getting better and better. People, more and more, will be getting reality personalized for them.

A good way to get people to open up to new ways of thinking is to get them on a retreat, get them out of their regular reality, get them seeing new people who say and do different things. But you'll need to have no media there, that's for sure. If people can stay in their media-reality, they will.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/bu...n-us.html?_r=0

On Thursday, Mr. Trump and Mike Pence, Indiana’s governor and the vice president-elect, plan to appear at Carrier’s Indianapolis factory to announce a deal with the company to keep roughly 1,000 jobs in the state, according to officials with the transition team as well as Carrier.
W(h)ell, waddya know?

Carrier, the company President Trump pledged to keep on American soil, informed the state of Indiana this week that it will soon begin cutting 632 workers from an Indianapolis factory. The manufacturing jobs will move to Monterrey, Mexico, where the minimum wage is $3.90.

That was never supposed to happen, according to Trump's campaign promises. He told Indiana residents at a rally last year there was a "100 percent chance” he would save the jobs at the heating and air-conditioning manufacturer.

About 1,400 positions were on the chopping block, per company estimates. Over the past year, Trump has claimed he could maintain at least 1,100 of those jobs in the United States. But on Monday, the company gave official notice to Indiana officials that it would start laying off workers at the factory on July 20 and keep slashing staff until approximately 800 factory employees remain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...hed-save-them/
Old 05-25-2017, 05:27 AM

Old 07-21-2017, 07:32 PM

Whell's been awfully quiet in this thread of his lately. I wonder why? Lol.

The only thing Trump delivered to Carrier workers was smoke up their asses. Anyone who STILL believes anything Trump says just hasn't been paying attention.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-d...-said-hed-save

Quote:
“Trump came in there to the factory last December and blew smoke up our asses. He wasn’t gonna save those jobs. And, if that’s the case, he would have saved us and Rexnord, a company around the corner from us that makes parts.

“We had a mix of Trump supporters and Clinton supporters at the factory, I’d say. The ones that really supported him are quiet right now. Some of them got let go yesterday, too.

“We talked about Trump on the job, after the election. You could always tell who the Trump supporters were because they never participated in the conversation. It was about even, blacks and whites, for Trump. Also, some of them wore the hats. Not anymore, though.

Last edited by Chicks; 07-21-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Trump to Announce Carrier Plant Will Keep Jobs in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/bu...n-us.html?_r=0

On Thursday, Mr. Trump and Mike Pence, Indiana’s governor and the vice president-elect, plan to appear at Carrier’s Indianapolis factory to announce a deal with the company to keep roughly 1,000 jobs in the state, according to officials with the transition team as well as Carrier.
At the Carrier plant on the west side of Indianapolis, we’re coming up on a bitter anniversary. One year ago this week, President-elect Donald Trump stood before hundreds of cheering workers and declared that he had saved our jobs from moving to Mexico. It was a symbolic moment that cemented Trump’s campaign image as a working-class champion — a blue-collar billionaire who would stand with workers, not CEOs...

A year later, we feel betrayed. Carrier has announced that more than 600 workers are being laid off, with the last line scheduled to work their final shift right after the holidays.

The workers at Carrier aren’t the only ones who feel victimized by Trump’s false promises. United Technologies, Carrier’s parent company, is laying off another 700 workers right up the road from the Carrier plant in Huntington. And Rexnord, another plant in Indianapolis, just closed its doors, too. Workers at both plants hoped that Trump would come to the rescue, but he never showed up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...still-waiting/

Trump lied??? Say it ain't so.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:26 AM

Another Whell thread proves him wrong. He’s batting 1000.

Time to realize you’re backing a LOSER, Whell?

Last edited by Chicks; 11-29-2017 at 07:29 AM.