Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
So you have been around a while right? Do you think thats the only site that has that graph?

Should I dump at least ten more here?

I posted it because it's a good representation thats it that all.

Really thinking this site is wacked. Does anybody discuss issues here?
Have at it, Hoss. All I did was right click on the image and up popped the web address. Do you bother to check where your sources get their information? Dunnigan (the wargamer) was easily found on Wikipedia.
It's a cute graph, no doubt but who the heck is Bud Wood? I'm not willing to spend my Sunday fact checking.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Uh, guys I am confused.
Who is who and what is what her?

4-2-7
I am really trying to figure out where you stand.
Yeah, you can be your own party, but you still need a platform. Otherwise you are just swinging on a rope in the wind.
Are you leftist, rightist, wrongist, lostist,or just independent?

Seriously, most of us can state a party persuasion, even if we are not of that party. I am very leftist, but definitely not a democrat. More of a so************************tic conservative. For the people, by the people, but done so with fiscal smarts.

Some of your posts were good, some just full of rankor and puss. Name calling and attacks generally get dismissed by me as bs frustration with little thought behind them. Just saying.

Oh, and hello!
Mark
Thanks Mark.

Unfortunately I'm the punching bag lol Just kidding I really don't care but do care what happens to this country.

If I had to pick a party affiliation that would make my thoughts guided by that party. And my thoughts are mine and I will not fit in some preconceived box.

It might be hard for you to understand? I don't know.

I look at people on individual merits and character more than any party. Kind of like you and your description of your political persuasion. Do you want me to judge you by it or find a box big enough. I know how about I give you a number? Hardly I think I'll call you Mark.

Through me in the middle if it make you comfortable.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:35 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I would venture to say the one one this site with the nasty attitude and fucked up comments. Are the pussys that don't use there same name elswere.

How close am I?
You're as far off as you can get. AFAIK, I am the only one who uses a different user name here than at AK. Over there, I'm Dread31. But, I don't go there much anymore as I've lost interest to a large degree. I have a lot more fun and learn more over here. The key is to approach it with an open mind. If you come in guns-a-blastin' they (We) will blast back. Which, to my mind, is as it should be.

The cowards are the ones who don't come here, because they like to shoot but can't handle return fire. They prefer to hangout at AK, where it's agreeable, cozy and safe.

Like people who ONLY watch FoxNews.

Dave
Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Have at it, Hoss. All I did was right click on the image and up popped the web address. Do you bother to check where your sources get their information? Dunnigan (the wargamer) was easily found on Wikipedia.
It's a cute graph, no doubt but who the heck is Bud Wood? I'm not willing to spend my Sunday fact checking.
Yes I search sources of sources as I did with this Opinion article.

Don't feel a generic graph needs that though. This graph follow a historic trend line and there are others as well. Same line different art and colors.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mark.

Unfortunately I'm the punching bag lol Just kidding I really don't care but do care what happens to this country.

If I had to pick a party affiliation that would make my thoughts guided by that party. And my thoughts are mine and I will not fit in some preconceived box.

It might be hard for you to understand? I don't know.
Far less condescending restated version, or my version: Understood? I hope so.

I look at people on individual merits and character more than any party. Kind of like you and your description of your political persuasion. Do you want me to judge you by it or find a box big enough. I know how about I give you a number? Hardly I think I'll call you Mark.

Through me in the middle if it make you comfortable.
You NEED to work on your communication skills for sure.
Red is yours, blus is mine.
And if communication skills are not the problem, then I would suggest a self evaluation is in order - looking particularly the idea that no one else can possibly be more correct than yourself.
Mark
t
Old 01-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You're as far off as you can get. AFAIK, I am the only one who uses a different user name here than at AK. Over there, I'm Dread31. But, I don't go there much anymore as I've lost interest to a large degree. I have a lot more fun and learn more over here. The key is to approach it with an open mind. If you come in guns-a-blastin' they (We) will blast back. Which, to my mind, is as it should be.

The cowards are the ones who don't come here, because they like to shoot but can't handle return fire. They prefer to hangout at AK, where it's agreeable, cozy and safe.

Like people who ONLY watch FoxNews.

Dave
Dave I can handle the fire and I'll fire back. However I did not come in guns blazing lol. I disagree and tried to present facts and contribute to a topic. When I knew all along I would get attacked, I didn't give a fuck, still don't.

The response was not to try and prove me wrong but to name call so how do you all learn here with that behavior. How do you all teach driving people out the door. I'll admit when I'm wrong on things if someone can present a case that looks and sounds good. Thats not happening here why?

I guess you all think that someone that just comes to a site doesn't know anything and should not say anything. I would imagine that attitude is represented in the low membership here.

Now if the other members and yourself want to talk about the topic have at it.
Otherwise we can just name call till we're blue in the face.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
You NEED to work on your communication skills for sure.
Red is yours, blus is mine.
And if communication skills are not the problem, then I would suggest a self evaluation is in order - looking particularly the idea that no one else can possibly be more correct than yourself.
Mark
t
Thank you Mark
I'll take a look at my communication skills. I'm certainly not always right but truth is, it didn't matter here if I was right or wrong. It only mattered that I said anything.

I thought I was being pretty polit even replying to 90% of the name calling post.

Should we go help them on their communication skills while we're at it?
Old 01-26-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you Mark
I'll take a look at my communication skills. I'm certainly not always right but truth is, it didn't matter here if I was right or wrong. It only mattered that I said anything.

I thought I was being pretty polit even replying to 90% of the name calling post.

Not to split hairs, which I often do, I regard communication skills and manners very differently. Although, I also think poor manners equates to poor communication. The only difference is one is intended, where I believe the other is not.
Mark
Old 01-26-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Thank you Mark

What, huh? I am sure I didn't understand what you meant by this?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
What, huh? I am sure I didn't understand what you meant by this?
That was a responce to a comment in the post I Quoted.

Mark Said
looking particularly the idea that no one else can possibly be more correct than yourself.

I said
I'm certainly not always right but truth is, it didn't matter here if I was right or wrong. It only mattered that I said anything.