Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 AM

I remember during the late 80's dad received a very bad phone call. Back then it cost about 1,000.00 to hire a lawyer and get a court order for the phone company to render the land line phone conversation. I could be wrong about the lenth of time they kept each call, but at the time I think the phone company recorded each call and kept them for 1 year.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I remember during the late 80's dad received a very bad phone call. Back then it cost about 1,000.00 to hire a lawyer and get a court order for the phone company to render the land line phone conversation. I could be wrong about the lenth of time they kept each call, but at the time I think the phone company recorded each call and kept them for 1 year.
Are you sure it was a recording of the call? I've some experience in telephony, and as far as I know the only data kept was the originating number, the called number, the time and duration of the call. In other words, billing records.
In the late 80's, storing audio of every phone call would have required an enormous investment in hardware and techs to keep it all going.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Are you sure it was a recording of the call? I've some experience in telephony, and as far as I know the only data kept was the originating number, the called number, the time and duration of the call. In other words, billing records.
In the late 80's, storing audio of every phone call would have required an enormous investment in hardware and techs to keep it all going.
I've got my phone bugged.

But I only use it whenever I'm dealing with insurance companies, satellite providers, and other thieves and liars.

And I tell "em it's bugged too. Had a few who would no longer talk to me.

Reckon when the shoe's on the other foot, it hurts like a sumbitch.

Chas