Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 PM

AMERICA, the land of oppretunity, as long as you are not WHITE!

living in south florida is intresting, it seems like there are more spanish stations than american on the radio. im not racist at all, but lately ive noticed a nasty trend, i live in a trailor park, its a nice trailor park but still a trailor park, me and my wife are the ONLY white people on our street, i didnt grow up this way, but poor choices i made for myself in the past got me here, anyway enough about me. on my street, there are around 50 or so double-wide "manufactured" homes, most are brand new, i live in the oldest and one of the uglyest trailors in the park, i work 40 hours a week, i pay my taxes, and i dont mooch of the goverment. but most of my neighbors, if not ALL of my neighbors are mexican. they all have brand new doublewides, brand new cars, brand new nice everything. -and NONE of them work!! dont get me wrong, they are all drunks, but all very nice people, at least the ones that speak english, and i have very low crime in my neighborhood. but what the hell? why the heck do these people get free healthcare, all kinds of handouts, college funding, housing etc,etc. i myself have tried to take advantage of the system a few times, but im ALWAYS denied accsess to public help. i have a car in my name, and a 40 year old trailor thats falling apart, thats in my name. and also i have a family that has alot of money, these are usually what the goverment tells me when i apply for food stamps, homelink phones, etc.

WHY!!!??
Old 01-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Your position in life has nothing to do with your being white, nor does it have anything to do with the quality of your neighbors' trailers or cars. It has to do with you - really.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Your position in life has nothing to do with your being white, nor does it have anything to do with the quality of your neighbors' trailers or cars. It has to do with you - really.
Listen to Finn, he's a fart smeller!!!

You need a mentor. Apparently your folks have money, ask them how you can better yourself. And don't be so confrontational.

You would be amazed at the people who will help you if you try to do something...provided you don't piss them off from the gitgo.

Chas
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
...they all have brand new doublewides, brand new cars, brand new nice everything. -and NONE of them work!!...
Lets see, don't knee-jerk this...

I don't live where you do nor am I privy to your situation or theirs. What I can tell you is that looks can be deceiving. For example, the unenlightened might have the notion to claim -- ridiculously -- such things about Native people. The best example I can offer, related to Natives, indicating that what you perceive is veneer is this:

Yes, it is true that some Natives have small, functional, simple brick homes built for them in community lots with other Natives. These homes are subsidized and housing costs are ridiculously inexpensive.

They, also, will never be owned by the occupant because they're not designed to build wealth, foster lineage landowners, formulate generational stability or act as anything beyond reasonably short-term living arrangements for a single generation to be exploited -- even if it's a housing payoff to remain docile -- in the best interests of "The Man." (Payments, at best, cover upkeep. When you die, another occupant moves in. Plus, its based on income so it hurts you to get a job or improve your lot in life...)

That's how it was planned.

To be honest, I doubt the picture in your trailer park is quite how you see it, I'm sure there's something else going on.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Area Man

Yeah, the poor, downtrodden white man, po', po', pitifull us, a honkey jus' caint catch a break no mo'..............................

Unbelieveable.

Dave
Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

I would put him on my ignore list but it is hardly worth the trouble as I doubt he will be here any longer than he was at AK.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I really don't ubderstand why you guys let Rob get under your skin like you do. He is just another person sitting at a keyboard. If you think that his posts are so far out why bother to reply? Personally, I think we are watching a pretty good fisherman and some are swallowing hook, line, and sinker. Just my opinion.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I really don't ubderstand why you guys let Rob get under your skin like you do. He is just another person sitting at a keyboard. If you think that his posts are so far out why bother to reply? Personally, I think we are watching a pretty good fisherman and some are swallowing hook, line, and sinker. Just my opinion.
Beck's on!!!

Noon will be here shortly.

Chas
Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles View Post
beck's on!!!

Noon will be here shortly.

Chas
lmao!:d
Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
looks can be deceiving.

plus one

A family of three in FL receives a maximum of $303 a month.
Just 1.3 percent of Florida households received welfare payments.
Closed Thread