Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM

Rivers are still solid. Earliest the Nenana river ever went out was April 20. Nenana is kind of the benchmark, that's the one they hold the raffle on.
Only went ice fishing once this year, with a buddy about a month ago. We drank beer and fried up juvenile kings as we caught them, olive oil in a skillet on a Coleman stove right there on the ice. It was nice, and real tasty.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Rivers are still solid. Earliest the Nenana river ever went out was April 20. Nenana is kind of the benchmark, that's the one they hold the raffle on.
Only went ice fishing once this year, with a buddy about a month ago. We drank beer and fried up juvenile kings as we caught them, olive oil in a skillet on a Coleman stove right there on the ice. It was nice, and real tasty.
Sounds like a blast. I caught one of those blackmouth kings all the way down here in SoCal once. Smoked it up in a kettle BBQ with mesquite chips. Fine tasting fish but I'll take California halibut any day, PCBs just add flavor.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Indeed.com shows over 27K job ads that pay over $40K in Michigan.
Wow. A million more and they might have something that will actually make a difference.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Things are getting a little better here job wise, but not by leaps and bounds. Sadly I think they are still battling this law out in the courts. Typical red tape crap.
That's everywhere, Dave. Around here they're sweating the defense cuts. They've finally realized just how dependent they are on the government teet. They Mayor of Norfolk stated that defense spending alone accounts for ~45% of his cities tax revenues. Newport News stated defense and other federal spending related tax revenues at ~37%. This place will drop like a rock if the cuts are deep enough.

Dave