Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-25-2020, 11:32 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
What is it that renders these folks noseblind to the nose hair burning stench of grifting incompetence emanating from this con mans resume?
I've read the public statement of Professor George Eastman, linked above. After going on lucidly enough, for some pages, about the tempest in a chamber pot regarding his address citation on his Supreme Court brief, Professor Eastman leaps into deep water indeed. The following are some assertions of fact from the later part of his public statement:

"Georgia, for example, claimed that “the State and its officers have implemented and followed [the election] laws” enacted by the Legislature, but then acknowledged later in the same brief that it did not."

"...the major media in this country has become little more than a propaganda machine for one of the country’s two major political parties."

"The fact of the matter is that partisan election officials, and in some cases partisan judicial officials, altered or ignored key provisions of state election law. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court did so on the eve of the election and also, stunningly, three weeks after the election. That is a fact."

There is more, but that gives the flavor of it.

As ever when the various Trump election cases are put forward by advocates, we have claims without evidence. But I disagree about the 'stench of incompetency' my friend mentions above. For a piece of tendentious advocacy, this is quite competently written. What offends my friend's nostrils is instead the stench of dishonor, because Mr. Eastman, as a certainly competent writer and thinker, must know the quality of the evidence available to back up his bold assertions of fact. He therefore knows his case to be pure horseshit, and he has departed from all claim and right to be a respected member of an honorable profession that claims to hold members of the bar to standards of honesty.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I've read the public statement of Professor George Eastman, linked above. After going on lucidly enough, for some pages, about the tempest in a chamber pot regarding his address citation on his Supreme Court brief, Professor Eastman leaps into deep water indeed. The following are some assertions of fact from the later part of his public statement:

"Georgia, for example, claimed that “the State and its officers have implemented and followed [the election] laws” enacted by the Legislature, but then acknowledged later in the same brief that it did not."

"...the major media in this country has become little more than a propaganda machine for one of the country’s two major political parties."

"The fact of the matter is that partisan election officials, and in some cases partisan judicial officials, altered or ignored key provisions of state election law. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court did so on the eve of the election and also, stunningly, three weeks after the election. That is a fact."

There is more, but that gives the flavor of it.

As ever when the various Trump election cases are put forward by advocates, we have claims without evidence. But I disagree about the 'stench of incompetency' my friend mentions above. For a piece of tendentious advocacy, this is quite competently written. What offends my friend's nostrils is instead the stench of dishonor, because Mr. Eastman, as a certainly competent writer and thinker, must know the quality of the evidence available to back up his bold assertions of fact. He therefore knows his case to be pure horseshit, and he has departed from all claim and right to be a respected member of an honorable profession that claims to hold members of the bar to standards of honesty.
I should have ref'ed DT directly in my post as the intended subject, that he has beguiled so many chronological "adults" is beyond my comprehension of rational behavior of them.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:00 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I should have ref'ed DT directly in my post as the intended subject, that he has beguiled so many chronological "adults" is beyond my comprehension of rational behavior of them.
Ah. Yes, Trump of course is an incompetent grifter.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Ah. Yes, Trump of course is an incompetent grifter.

Can't imagine there is a grifter out there who sees Trump as incompetent. Excluding his competency as POTUS of course. Although the vast majority of them probably think he's a very competent president.

Last edited by nailer; 12-26-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:17 AM

Ahem,

shy·ster
/ˈSHīstər/

a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.

Shyster is a slang word for someone who acts in a disreputable, unethical, or unscrupulous way, especially in the practice of law, sometimes also politics or business. Wikipedia

Your welcome

Last edited by RickeyM; 12-26-2020 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:57 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Ahem,

shy·ster
/ˈSHīstər/

a person, especially a lawyer, who uses unscrupulous, fraudulent, or deceptive methods in business.

Shyster is a slang word for someone who acts in a disreputable, unethical, or unscrupulous way, especially in the practice of law, sometimes also politics or business. Wikipedia

Your welcome
Thank-you!
Old 12-26-2020, 07:34 AM

SCOTUS Shadow Docket De Facto Denies DiaperDon's Latest Challenge to Pennsylvania Vote Count
The Response is due January 22. The inauguration is January 20.

https://reason.com/volokh/2020/12/26...ia-vote-count/

Oops. Sorry, all you Insane Trumpkin clowns. SCOTUS ain't riding to the rescue.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:57 AM

A Vilified Dominion Executive Sues Promoters of a Bizarre Tale at the Center of DiaperDon's Election Conspiracy Theory
Eric Coomer says the claim that he bragged about fixing the election during an "antifa conference call" provoked a torrent of abuse and death threats.

https://reason.com/2020/12/24/a-vili...piracy-theory/

It's pretty clear, judging by our resident Trumpkin fools, that there are many sociopathic supporters of DiaperDon, who willingly believe this sort of nonsense, and will do ANYTHING for their Dear Leader. Sad, pathetic, misguided little fools.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:05 PM

Commissioner Al Schmidt @Commish_Schmidt

The President of the United States is regurgitating misinformation spread by members of my own party in Pennsylvania that they *know* is untrue. They’ve been told the truth by the PA Department of State: https://dos.pa.gov/about-us/Document...nformation.pdf

Quote Tweet
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

“A group of Republican lawmakers in Pennsylvania say 200,000 more votes were counted in the 2020 Election than voters (100% went to Biden). State Representative Frank Ryan said they found troubling discrepancies after an analysis of Election Day data.” @FoxNews This is far....

This claim about election fraud is disputed

12:20 PM · Dec 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
Old 12-30-2020, 03:14 PM
Ready

Twitter lies. It is not disputed. 'Disputed' implies the truth has not been established.