in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I told you
Old 09-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Loyal Opposition

Got a robocall from ol' frothy mixture himself today. He wanted me to sign a petition to give Americans Freedom to be more like him. I would imagine that the next thing they ask for after someone signs the petition is for money to fund more robocalls.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Got a robocall from ol' frothy mixture himself today. He wanted me to sign a petition to give Americans Freedom to be more like him. I would imagine that the next thing they ask for after someone signs the petition is for money to fund more robocalls.

Regards,

D-Ray
Good Lord, that hemorrhoid is at it already?

Dave
Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Loyal Opposition

As much as I like political debates, I really don't think that I could be a politician. So many of the successful politicians make caricatures of themselves. I'm sure that there were politicians mouthing the concerns about "death panels" who knew that there were no such thing in the proposed health-care legislation. I'm sure that many of the politicians pushing Benghazi as a scandal know that what happened was one of the risks of being in an unstable region. I'm also sure that there are people on the left who realize that not all people who engage in venture capitalists are vulture capitalists. And as the senator from Oklahoma pointed out there are plenty of people on the other side of the aisle who were good people who do want the best for the country. Of course, in today's political climate he got a lot of heat for acknowledging the humanity of his political opponents.

It even appears that some politicians intentionally degrade themselves in order to better appeal to their constituency. I really believe that Ted Cruz is not the idiot that he presents to the public. I imagine that Barack Obama is more comfortable as a policy wonk than as an orator. Heck the Senate majority leader might actually have some steel in his spine although he hides it from us.

I'm afraid the Byrds got it wrong.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Area Man

I often think about this. When you look at the way people trash talk them, especially the current president and his predecessor, it's amazing they don't lose it. I'm thinking GWB almost did; Remember the "I'm the decider here!" comment? Humorous to us, yes. But, I remember thinking he truly looked like a man at the end of his rope. The pressure on him at that time must have been tremendous.

If you want it, you can have it. For me anonymity is bliss.

Dave
Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Admin

Quote:

Regards,

D-Ray
Cream did.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
As much as I like political debates, I really don't think that I could be a politician. So many of the successful politicians make caricatures of themselves. I'm sure that there were politicians mouthing the concerns about "death panels" who knew that there were no such thing in the proposed health-care legislation. I'm sure that many of the politicians pushing Benghazi as a scandal know that what happened was one of the risks of being in an unstable region. I'm also sure that there are people on the left who realize that not all people who engage in venture capitalists are vulture capitalists. And as the senator from Oklahoma pointed out there are plenty of people on the other side of the aisle who were good people who do want the best for the country. Of course, in today's political climate he got a lot of heat for acknowledging the humanity of his political opponents.

It even appears that some politicians intentionally degrade themselves in order to better appeal to their constituency. I really believe that Ted Cruz is not the idiot that he presents to the public. I imagine that Barack Obama is more comfortable as a policy wonk than as an orator. Heck the Senate majority leader might actually have some steel in his spine although he hides it from us.

Regards,

D-Ray
Call me skeptical. But, I don't believe the administration would have played Benghazi the same way if it was not election time.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Admin

Neither would Romney if he had a brain.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Neither would Romney if he had a brain.
That's an interesting train of thought. It is the way liberal's minds work which allow them to be liberals to start with.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:54 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
Call me skeptical. But, I don't believe the administration would have played Benghazi the same way if it was not election time.
Bengazi? Didn't they do "Waiting Room"?