Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:11 PM

Sad news to read about your Father and Mother.
Good you are there right now.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:20 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Chainsaw at 90! Wow!

Peace be with you.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:21 PM

You're dad's going out in style NI.

I may be done for at age 56. Multiple discs ruptured in my neck, went to see a chiropractor for a pinched nerve, now I have all this, can't prove when or where it happened.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Sad news to read about your Father and Mother.
Good you are there right now.
Thanks to the virus, I have been working from home since the end of March. It means that even though I live in Kentucky, I'm enjoying working from my son's, my daughter's and my high school friends' houses until noon local time every day. We postponed our return flight and can stay here indefinitely.

Every cloud has a silver lining.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

I may be done for at age 56. Multiple discs ruptured in my neck, went to see a chiropractor for a pinched nerve, now I have all this, can't prove when or where it happened.
Yikes! Is this something that can be fixed via surgery?
Old 06-19-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
Yikes! Is this something that can be fixed via surgery?
I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon on July 2. Won't know much until then.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

Been there done that last year.
Got the scar to prove it.

C4-C5-C6 screws, metal cage and ground up disc injected. I was having shoulder pain for years to find out it was a neck issue.

Midsixties here and at a year still not back to before the surgery.

Will not go into details. Not wanting to color your outlook. All in all would gladly do it all over again. Way better then the pain of before.

Feel free to PM if you want. Can tell you what to expect ahead.

It will get better!
Old 06-22-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Been there done that last year.
Got the scar to prove it.

C4-C5-C6 screws, metal cage and ground up disc injected. I was having shoulder pain for years to find out it was a neck issue.

Midsixties here and at a year still not back to before the surgery.

Will not go into details. Not wanting to color your outlook. All in all would gladly do it all over again. Way better then the pain of before.

Feel free to PM if you want. Can tell you what to expect ahead.

It will get better!
My wife had a back pain issue her entire life. One day, a few years after we were married (we were around 50), I was laying in bed next to her and was compelled - almost like you are compelled to sneeze - to lay hands on her and pray to Jesus for healing. The next day it got really hot and it's been healed ever since.

I fell backwards down a stairs from the halfway point a few months ago. I was thrown down by a large piece of furniture and didn't touch the ground until my butt hit the floor at the bottom. It hurt. A lot. We prayed that time too. I got x-rays and there was no bone or disk damage. It just took a few months for the other damage to heal.

We so trust in the Lord for healing that we've not had health insurance since 1/1/2013 (the day Obamacare became the law of the land. We're currently both 66. We do have Medicare type A now, but that is pretty useless except for time you spend in the hospital, which we haven't.

I've also discovered my story is far from unique.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:20 AM
Ready

If you are too strapped to afford the Medicare Part B (or probably better, Medicare Advantage), you should be able to get Medicaid.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
If you are too strapped to afford the Medicare Part B (or probably better, Medicare Advantage), you should be able to get Medicaid.
It's not about being strapped. It is about principle. We're "self insured" via the Lord. He has been faithful.

My wife had the flu for four weeks two years ago. It was very bad. She's been fine ever since. Neither one of us have ever had a flu shot. My brother in seattle, who did have a flu shot, got it the month before. For him it was six weeks and an ER visit. But he's also fine now.

Thanks to the internet there is really no need for a general practitioner in my life other than to get a broken bone set or a prescription. Those things are dirt cheap compared to even the price of Medicare type B. And even an MRI is cheaper than a single months typical health care premium, and probably less than most plans' deductible.

And I have little need for the really expensive stuff. My dad is on a death watch right now, which is why we are in Seattle. A golf ball sized tumor in his brain has finished him off. He's in hospice and is given just a few days to live. Meanwhile, insurance will be covering about $80,000 worth of "care" that determined there was nothing they could do.

And a personal friend was completely healed of stage 4 breast cancer via the Gerson method (google it) and is now ten years cancer free.

This whole "it's crazy not to have health care insurance" culture we live in is not seeing the whole picture. If health insurance was $20,000 a month, would you have it? How about $10k, or $5k. It's a matter of cost vs benefit. As some have said, if car insurance worked like health insurance, it would pay for tires and oil changes. I can cover that myself.