Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
So you do not know.
So you refuse to consider any negative assessment?

The fact is that at this point, it's a concept. All that is publicly known of the concept is what Trump and other administration spokespersons have said. Mostly they have said it will be wonderful and will keep us much safer.

Concepts, of course, are very plastic things. If there ever is a corresponding reality, in the future, perhaps we will get to see what it really is.

Good summary of the public positions here: http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-t...-mixed-reviews
Old 07-09-2017, 04:10 PM

Well the meeting was not about orphan adoptions but Hillary.
Quote:
It is unclear whether the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, actually produced the promised compromising information about Mrs. Clinton. But the people interviewed by The Times about the meeting said the expectation was that she would do so.
Trump & Co are being peeled like rotted onions; Manafort, Flynn, Kushner and Trump's sons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/u...T.nav=top-news
Old 07-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
So you do not know.
Don't know and don't care. Your 'Dear Leader' is a crook and a compulsive liar, tovarich.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Don't know and don't care. Your 'Dear Leader' is a crook and a compulsive liar, tovarich.
Hey, let's form a collaboration with North Korea on nuclear weapons! We share secrets, you know, so they will stop threatening to blow us up! Heck, maybe they'll even pay for the wall!
Old 07-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Trump is not my 'Dear Leader'. However he is the only one shouting out that we have over reached, that we cannot carry everyone on our shoulders since our shoulders are not that broad as it once was and that those in the world who have done well economically should help themselves and others around them.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Trump is not my 'Dear Leader'. However he is the only one shouting out that we have over reached, that we cannot carry everyone on our shoulders since our shoulders are not that broad as it once was and that those in the world who have done well economically should help themselves and others around them.
It's been pointed out in numerous articles that this is a simplistic worldview, discredited by just about anyone with serious credentials in world affairs. He's being led astray by Bannon, and he's too simpleminded to know any better. But Trump supporters don't read, so they go right along with whatever Trump and his mouthpieces like Limbaugh say.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Hey, let's form a collaboration with North Korea on nuclear weapons! We share secrets, you know, so they will stop threatening to blow us up! Heck, maybe they'll even pay for the wall!
Ugh, those 'garlic eaters' give me heartburn.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Well the meeting was not about orphan adoptions but Hillary.

Trump & Co are being peeled like rotted onions; Manafort, Flynn, Kushner and Trump's sons.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/09/u...T.nav=top-news
'Peeled like rotted onions', I like that.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Could've fooled me, you defend him and Putin enough.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:46 PM

And here it is, a direct admission by Trump Jr. that he agreed to meet the Russian attorney since she promised to hand over damaging information on Hillary.
Quote:
“After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”
Quote:
“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting,” Mr. Trump said.
Read that last part again: “the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting.”

Trump Jr. confirmed that he went into the meeting expecting to receive information from the Russian lawyer that could hurt Clinton. That is a breathtaking admission.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ew-york-times/

That's all we need, lock him up.