Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:41 PM

Roswell and electonics technology

I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but one thing has always seemed like a no brain-er to me. I saw a show about how electronics technology grew after the Roswell incident. They had a line chart, that was fairly steady until that time, but then spiked straight upward. They went on to explain how the jump from vacuum tubes to solid state devices, had big gaps. In other words, tubes never reached their full potential before being passed up with silicon devices. The theory is of course that we reverse engineered components taken from the crash site. That's about all I know of it, but I'm wondering if anyone here could expound.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:56 PM

If you want to check out something that will curl yr fingernails backwards-If even 10% of it is true-Google "Dulce Base"...Obviously, 90% of it is blarney, but still...
Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM

ooow, creepy stuff Sandy. It just always seemed possible to me that a ship of some sort could have crashed. Some of you guys know that vacuum tubes are my hobby (read obsession), and I can actually take one apart, and it makes sense to me how it can move electrons in a controlled way. When I look at a mini micro chip though, I can't for the life of me understand how there can be 10,000 (or more) vacuum tubes inside that tiny piece of sand. I've never had anyone be able to explain in the simplest terms how chips work. Transistors even make a "little" sense to me, but chips don't. If you look at one closely under magnification, there is barely enough surface area to attach all the connections, much less have room left over for anything else. The rube here though, is how would they reverse engineer something like that? I'm really hoping this topic takes off, and that I can get some understanding of these technological marvels.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:50 PM

Well, I reckon all of the aliens from Outer Space have tin ears.

Otherwise, the would have come up with a better vacuum tube.

Don't suppose they were behind the nuvistor, do you?

Chas
Old 05-18-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, I reckon all of the aliens from Outer Space have tin ears.

Otherwise, the would have come up with a better vacuum tube.

Don't suppose they were behind the nuvistor, do you?

Chas
Ha, good point. I often wonder how far tubes could have gone had it not been for the transistor. I read an article once that talked about how companies were starting to incorporate other devices inside the bottle as well, to make a "packaged" deal. I guess things like caps and resistors, but that sounded more like a marketing ploy to me. You would have to buy the certain part from whoever.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
ooow, creepy stuff Sandy. It just always seemed possible to me that a ship of some sort could have crashed. Some of you guys know that vacuum tubes are my hobby (read obsession), and I can actually take one apart, and it makes sense to me how it can move electrons in a controlled way. When I look at a mini micro chip though, I can't for the life of me understand how there can be 10,000 (or more) vacuum tubes inside that tiny piece of sand. I've never had anyone be able to explain in the simplest terms how chips work. Transistors even make a "little" sense to me, but chips don't. If you look at one closely under magnification, there is barely enough surface area to attach all the connections, much less have room left over for anything else. The rube here though, is how would they reverse engineer something like that? I'm really hoping this topic takes off, and that I can get some understanding of these technological marvels.

Another very quick jump was conventional jet fighters to stealth fighters. No halfway house; one day conventional, almost the next day fully developed aircraft that look about as aerodynamic as a house brick, and cannot be detected by radar.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Hmm, I never thought about that, but it is odd.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:45 PM

if we stole the technology for digital audio from the aliens, they can have it back!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 AM

Time and distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhound View Post
if we stole the technology for digital audio from the aliens, they can have it back!
You know what really fascinates me about all this? It's not the lizard men or David Eyke. It's the faint possibility that some country might have got hold of bits of genuine alien technology, and understood it just enough to be able to use some of it.

UFOs. Forget initials; until it's been identified every UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Some turn out to be weather balloons, test flights of normally developed aircraft, or just plain mis-observation but it's the things reported by credible witnesses; people who know the ridicule they'll face that keeps me thinking.

I can't help thinking that whatever 'they' can do, we can eventually do; at least if we don't kill ourselves first. But what if whoever 'they' are are like us; using technology found by accident. How far back along the line could "we don't know how it works but it does" stretch?

The fascinating thing is that at source, there must be a race of intelligent beings who have either cracked the basic blocks that appear to prevent anything traveling faster than light, or who are so incredibly long lived that deep space travel at sub light speed is no problem for them.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

If there is a race of highly intelligent creatures why on earth would they want any part of us?

Last edited by merrylander; 05-19-2009 at 12:40 PM.