Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
You know it was kinda fun when I finally went and bought my McIntosh amp. When I went in and said I was looking to buy Mac, they started kissing my buttocks and calling me Mr. Read, brought me a cup o' coffee to sip on while I "auditioned" the equipment. I sat there wondering how they would act if they knew I was just a loser mechanic who saved up for NINE YEARS to buy this friggin thing? It was a once in a lifetime thing, but it was fun to pretend I was rich.

Dave
Saved for 9 years and went out and bought a new Mac...I'm proud of ya. Do they send you a Christmas Card?

I've never even seen a Mac, and only one Dynaco 70. Things like that don't even exist around here. A few years ago I called THE high end store in Columbia to see if they worked on vacuum tube gear. They told me that they didn't deal with anything like that, and didn't know anyone who did, but they had heard that vacuum tube equipment sounded pretty good.

Chas
Old 12-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Saved for 9 years and went out and bought a new Mac...I'm proud of ya. Do they send you a Christmas Card?

I've never even seen a Mac, and only one Dynaco 70. Things like that don't even exist around here. A few years ago I called THE high end store in Columbia to see if they worked on vacuum tube gear. They told me that they didn't deal with anything like that, and didn't know anyone who did, but they had heard that vacuum tube equipment sounded pretty good.

Chas
Sounds like my hometown. I left that nowhere friggin' place 27 years ago and never moved back, when I visit it gives me the creeps...............................

Dave
Old 12-24-2009, 09:52 AM

About 4 years ago I was dragged out to go Christmas shopping with the wife.
It had been a while since my last haircut, like 6 months and it was raining out
so I put on my hunting boots and Camo Army field jacket. Walked into Best
Buy to look through the CD's. Those guys were so nice to me. Every single
employee asked me at least twice if I needed help. Now that was service.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
About 4 years ago I was dragged out to go Christmas shopping with the wife.
It had been a while since my last haircut, like 6 months and it was raining out
so I put on my hunting boots and Camo Army field jacket. Walked into Best
Buy to look through the CD's. Those guys were so nice to me. Every single
employee asked me at least twice if I needed help. Now that was service.
I love a good Christmas story.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:29 AM

Ignoring everything already said as usual I'll say that the're all media distraction devices. We get fixated on media and then we make are own but it's a reflection of what we've already experienced. It's a conditioning of belief system and thought patterns. To have you consume is the purpose of these electronic devices. They are the modern church and bible. You need a new hidef TV. Everyone in the family needs there own laptop and cellphone and camera. We're jacked in and in compliance.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoid View Post
Ignoring everything already said as usual I'll say that the're all media distraction devices. We get fixated on media and then we make are own but it's a reflection of what we've already experienced. It's a conditioning of belief system and thought patterns. To have you consume is the purpose of these electronic devices. They are the modern church and bible. You need a new hidef TV. Everyone in the family needs there own laptop and cellphone and camera. We're jacked in and in compliance.

And I agree 100% with you on how our society has been conditioned but ( aint there always one ) when were talking about 20-30 or even 50 year old electrical parts, they need to be changed, for sonics and safety reasons.

Hows that for bringing a post back on topic
Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 PM

yeah, I was wondering how this got off tangent, but I think devoid knows what Im talkin about.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:38 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
And I agree 100% with you on how our society has been conditioned but ( aint there always one ) when were talking about 20-30 or even 50 year old electrical parts, they need to be changed, for sonics and safety reasons.

Hows that for bringing a post back on topic
See, that's why I tossed my old tubed Mc for a nice new Sherwood at Best Buy. I wasn't going for that recap thing

I too agree with the conditioning. Even intelligent folks (I heard they exist somewhere!) will eventually believe what they are told repeatedly.

Pete
Old 12-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post

I too agree with the conditioning. Even intelligent folks (I heard they exist somewhere!) will eventually believe what they are told repeatedly.

Pete
Do me a favor and send them here when you find one pete
Old 12-31-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
See, that's why I tossed my old tubed Mc for a nice new Sherwood at Best Buy. I wasn't going for that recap thing

Pete
Did you get an I-Pod to go with it?

Chas