Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:39 PM

2020 election best case and worst case scenarios

Okay folks,
We are down to the last lap, a little over three weeks to go. I know it is up in the air, but the polls and predictions are getting more and more solid. Everything I am seeing and reading predicts Trump to lose, the house to remain democratic, and a slight margin of favor for the senate to change to democratic. I am going to state what I think the best and worse case outcomes of the elections. Worst case would involve civil unrest and outright bloodshed - so put that aside.

I have spent a bit of time mulling over possible outcomes and where they would lead. Rather than type all of it out, here is my sumarization.

Best case for the American people, Trump wins, the senate changes, they remove him after a very thorough trial and investigation. They show him for what he is to all of the world, to the point that only the true anarchists would defend him. Pence takes over and everybody tries to get along. I think this is a pipe dream.

This is the likely outcome. Both the legeslative branch and executive branch will be under complete democratic control. Joe Biden will either resign or retire before then end of the first term leaving Kamala Harris in charge. There will be violence and unrest and bloodhsed.

Worst case, Trump wins, the senate remains gop controlled, maybe the house switches to GOP(unlikely) and Trump flushes our governemnt and country down the toilet.

What do you folks think?

Last edited by JCricket; 10-11-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:47 AM

Trump loses. The SDNY comes for him.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:54 AM
Ready

Worst case is Biden wins but Trump refuses to concede and launches violent coup attempt that leads to full-blown civil war. 'Trump wins' is a close second; many of the worst effects of the above will happen, but more in slow motion.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:08 PM

In the first result the Dems would impeach and remove tRump just as the Sun will rise tomorrow. Then the Dems will turn their attention to removing Pence owing that he has been complicit in all that tRump did. Pence won't be able to lie his way out of any of it.
Just my $.02 on that.
Old 10-12-2020, 02:07 PM
Ready

Keep in mind that it takes a 2/3 vote in the senate to convict on impeachment.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Keep in mind that it takes a 2/3 vote in the senate to convict on impeachment.
Forgot that part. I guess the dems could pull a dirty trick and change that law to a simple majority, then pull him from office.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:12 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Forgot that part. I guess the dems could pull a dirty trick and change that law to a simple majority, then pull him from office.
Well that turns out not to be the case. The two-thirds majority requirement is written into the Constitution, and it would take a constitutional amendment to change it. That won't happen because there are too many low-population red States, each of which swings as much weight as California in this count.

For the same reason, electoral college reform is totally off the table.
Old 10-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Well that turns out not to be the case. The two-thirds majority requirement is written into the Constitution, and it would take a constitutional amendment to change it. That won't happen because there are too many low-population red States, each of which swings as much weight as California in this count.

For the same reason, electoral college reform is totally off the table.
Yep....
Old 10-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Admin

Best case... T'rump absconds to Moscow in AF1 with his mutant progeny.

Democrats are going to put their shoulders to the wheel and repair the serious damage that the seditious GOP has done to our country. Then the braindead populace of this country will vote the crooks back in for another round of rape, pillage and plunder.

Rinse, repeat.

I should've married that Swedish gal many years ago. Dual citizenship sounds pretty good right about now.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:05 PM

Best case, Donny is shut out in a landslide, Repubes lose the Senate, Dems retain the House. The country gets back to near normal. The Dem-majority FCC requires fairness in broadcasting once again, including on cable, kneecapping Faux "News".