Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Anything avoid resolving the budget before the next election, even better if you can keep the partisan scandals going as well. The others seem to be deflating somewhat, especially Benghazi.
Yep and the good ole sequester, borrow against the future to keep the airports clear and then hide that under the sequester all federal funding for oil and nuke spill cleanup has gone away even though the spills and leaks haven't. That is where thousands of these layoffs are.
Yep, more important to discuss the loss of privacy that occurred many years ago.

Carl
Old 06-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Privacy...ha!

As someone else pointed out, ever live in a small town. Ever been where sitting on the porch or in your easy chair with the police scanner running is nightly entertainment.....

Privacy indeed........
What all about the gossiping about all the townfolk?

Carl
Old 06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Anyone who thinks that the alphabet soup isn't collecting any and all data going out on the net and the waves? has shit fer brains. Can they actually make much sense of it all, unlikely.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Admin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...459_story.html

Surprise, surprise! This old southpaw tends to agree with this opinion.^
Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Resident octogenarian

Frankly you all have more to worry about from Google, Facebook et. al,
Old 06-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It's easier to sift than in Orwells' day, they can use algorithms instead of reading each one.

Pete
Old 06-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Resident octogenarian

When I had a listed Xfinity phone I was getting calls from some yahoo in Nigeria (I think) telling me I had won 2 million and a Mercedes. In a lottery I had not entered BTW. Every time I put his number on the non acceptance list he called from a different number. Now if some half assed con man can pull off that stunt ,,,,
Old 06-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Admin

"Overall, 56 percent of Americans consider the NSA accessing telephone call records of millions of Americans through secret court orders “acceptable,” while 41 percent call the practice “unacceptable.” "WaPo/Pew Research poll.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z1

To be honest, I think Snowden needs a time out handed to him. Too bad Camp Leavenworth is reserved for military folk. Need I post up pics of people jumping from the WTC towers?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper is really struggling to explain why he told Congress in March that the National Security Agency does not intentionally collect any kind of data on millions of Americans...."I responded in what I thought was the most truthful, or least untruthful, manner by saying 'no,'" Clapper told NBC News on Sunday.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/i...164742798.html
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Admin

More from WaPo/Pew poll...

"But with a Democratic president at the helm instead of a Republican, partisan views have turned around significantly.
Sixty-nine percent of Democrats say terrorism investigations, not privacy, should be the government’s main concern, an 18-percentage-point jump from early January 2006, when the NSA activity under the George W. Bush administration was first reported. Compared with that time, Republicans’ focus on privacy has increased 22 points.
The reversal on the NSA’s practices is even more dramatic. In early 2006, 37 percent of Democrats found the agency’s activities acceptable; now nearly twice that number — 64 percent — say the use of telephone records is okay. By contrast, Republicans slumped from 75 percent acceptable to 52 percent today."