Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 09:35 AM

Keith Richards Explains How He Got Rid Of Trump Nearly 30 Years Ago

https://www.yahoo.com/news/keith-ric...091930164.html

Quote:
Guitarist Keith Richards was once so angry at Donald Trump that he pulled out a knife ― when the future president wasn’t in the room ― and stabbed a table.

The rock icon told the BBC that back in 1989, Trump was the promoter of the Rolling Stones’ “Steel Wheels” tour dates in Atlantic City. When the band arrived, however, they found Trump’s name in huge letters and the band’s name in much smaller type.

“I got out my trusty blade, stuck it in the table and said: ‘You have to get rid of this man!’” Richards told the BBC. “Now America has to get rid of him. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!”
Old 05-16-2018, 10:59 AM

Out-Trumping the competition: Georgia candidate for governor debuts ‘deportation bus’

Appears to be no end in sight of idiot Repube candidates trying to out-Trump Donny. Whell must be SO proud!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on
Old 05-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Ready

Pastor who prayed over Trump in Oval Office thinks it would be "just great" if politicians were executed for treason.
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/pas...cuted-treason/

You know, I'm against the death penalty, but in spirit I can really see what he means, except I'd identify a rather different group of traitors than he would....
Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM

^^^
These folks would be hilarious, except that millions of idiots who vote, like Whell, take this stuff seriously.

Quote:
The right-wing pastor who also appeared on Infowars to promote his book later claimed that Hollywood is against Trump because his election meant they would not be subsidized by the government.

“They had put a law on the books in America that if Hillary [Clinton] had got in, the whole of Hollywood would be funded by the Fed, out of our supply, and the taxpayers would have had to pay for that,” Howard-Browne said. “Trump nixed that the moment he got into office. That’s why they hate him.”
Ummm... Say what?
Old 05-16-2018, 07:16 PM
Admin

"Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson argued Wednesday that the U.S. is experiencing a "growing crisis of integrity and ethics" in his first public speech since leaving the Trump administration almost two months ago.

"When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth even on what may seem the most trivial of matters, we go wobbly on America," Tillerson told the graduating class of cadets at the Virginia Military Institute.

"If our leaders seek to conceal the truth and we as people become accepting of alternative realities that are no longer grounded in facts, then as an American people we are on a pathway to relinquishing our freedom," Tillerson said.

Tillerson emphasized that what makes America different from Iran, China, Russia, and other adversaries is its commitment to fact-based truths. And he expects doomsday if the U.S. starts accepting alternate realities not based on a set of facts.

"If we do not as Americans confront the crisis of ethics and integrity in our society and among our leaders in both private and public sector, and regrettably at times even the nonprofit sector, then American democracy as we know it is entering its twilight years," Tillerson said."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Too bad he's kept his light hidden under a bushel basket for so long. It's time for all patriotic Republicans to stand up for what's right instead of thinking only of their party affiliation and how it benefits them.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-16-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Ready

Show me a GOPer sounding the ethics alarm, and I'll show you a GOPer who's out of office and sees no chance of that changing....
Old 05-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Show me a GOPer sounding the ethics alarm, and I'll show you a GOPer who's out of office and sees no chance of that changing....
I hear you, my friend. I still have to believe that shit'll get better, otherwise this grand experiment called America is done and over with.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:55 PM
Admin

Blockbuster story in the New Yorker - following the money

Michael Cohen's banking practices and disappearing 'suspicious activity reports'.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ancial-records

another link
https://www.thedailybeast.com/michae...money?ref=home

Last edited by bobabode; 05-16-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:13 AM

^^ Now he is a real patriot putting country ahead of himself and hope he can survive this ordeal.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:38 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trump: Undocumented Immigrants are "Animals"

"We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in -- and we’re stopping a lot of them -- but we’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...l-comparisons/