Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Persona non grata

The Call of the Wild

This one really brings back fond childhood memories of reading Jack London Books.

The law of the Jungle

"Kill or be killed, Eat or be eaten"

Funny thing about Jack though.

In real Life he was a so************************t.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ml?ir=Politics

Quote:
A Republican Senate candidate equated food stamp recipients to wild animals in a Facebook post Monday.

The candidate, Dr. Annette Bosworth, is running in the Republican primary to succeed Sen. Tim Johnson (D-S.D.), who is retiring. Bosworth shared a viral image on her personal Facebook page criticizing the food stamp program for inviting dependency.

“The food stamp program is administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture," the graphic reads. "They proudly report that they distribute free meals and food stamps to over 46 million people on an annual basis."

“Meanwhile, the National Park Service, run by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us ‘please do not feed the animals.’ Their stated reason for this policy being that … the animals will grow dependent on the handouts, and then they will never learn to take care of themselves,” the post continues. “This concludes today’s lesson. Any questions?”
Old 05-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
This one really brings back fond childhood memories of reading Jack London Books.

The law of the Jungle

"Kill or be killed, Eat or be eaten"

Funny thing about Jack though.

In real Life he was a so************************t.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ml?ir=Politics
BS the reason they don't want the animals fed is because they get too familiar and can be dangerous. We saw this in Algonquin Park in Northern Ontario the black bears wander through the campsites at night and you really don't want to mess with one. Just another dimp repugnant.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
BS the reason they don't want the animals fed is because they get too familiar and can be dangerous. We saw this in Algonquin Park in Northern Ontario the black bears wander through the campsites at night and you really don't want to mess with one. Just another dimp repugnant.
If she wants to go back to the law of the Jungle she'd better be careful what she wishes for.

She might be one of the ones that gets eaten.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:03 AM

So, how many food stamp recipients could a bear eat, if a bear could eat food stamp recipients? She failed to answer that question, therefore I have to disregard her as an authority on the subject. I think this is as valid a question as her assertions.

Maybe a better question would be, "How do we get short sited, narrow minded, idiotic politicians to play with a chew toy?" Thus eliminating the bile that comes from their mouths. I know my dog has a few extra, I would be willing to donate to the cause.

mark
Old 05-03-2014, 10:08 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
So, how many food stamp recipients could a bear eat, if a bear could eat food stamp recipients? She failed to answer that question, therefore I have to disregard her as an authority on the subject. I think this is as valid a question as her assertions.

Maybe a better question would be, "How do we get short sited, narrow minded, idiotic politicians to play with a chew toy?" Thus eliminating the bile that comes from their mouths. I know my dog has a few extra, I would be willing to donate to the cause.

mark
The better question is "how do we get intelligent, open minded, politicians that can see the long road to replace them with?" (and keep them from turning once they are in office)
Old 05-03-2014, 10:12 AM

It's just more Ayn Rand garbage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-03-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Resident octogenarian

Does anyone know who the idiot was that imposed quarterly reporting on industry? before I left Bell I was Section Manager - Long Range Planning and the shortest view we took was for five years down the road.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Persona non grata

Howabout the wealth distribution of animals?

Do 1% of the Reindeer own 43% of the grazing grass?

How about in a wolf pack?

When they make a kill they do have an order. The Alpha wolf eats first and probably eats the most too, and the Omega wolf eats last, but does the Alpha Wolf get to eat 500 times as much meat as the Omega? If he tried to he would turn into a big fat out of shape slob and he wouldn't be Alpha for long.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
The better question is "how do we get intelligent, open minded, politicians that can see the long road to replace them with?" (and keep them from turning once they are in office)
"First we kill the lawyers", no offense D Ray.

The revolving door lobbying is out of control and campaigning has become a huge racket in itself.

Former Legislators should be banned from lobbying their former colleagues. Either outright or for a period of several years.

Campaigning should be strictly controlled as to donation amounts and duration and corporate contributions outlawed.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:45 PM

Watch out guys. She is a closet Marxist.

"Che Guavera- You are my beacon! Here is to making this next chapter of my life the adventure for my kids and my family,", she said.

"My wife looks hot in that shirt!", he said. Her husband that is.

This campaign should be entertaining.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013...n-south-dakota