Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

It can manifest itself in the wink of an eye or the shrug of a shoulder. The careful turn of a phrase that alludes to a particular race, religion or other trait without naming anything or anyone specific.
Dave
As Stephen Colbert is finding out.

http://news.yahoo.com/outrage-us-com...214330764.html
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
A buncha humor challenged Twit-o-philes lose their chit over a skit pointing up rightwing racism and making fun of the Redskins football team owner. Didja watch the show?

Last edited by bobabode; 03-29-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM

These your kind of peeps here, Whell?

From Erich 3 hours ago:
"Yeah. Rosie O'Donnell said the exact same thing a few years ago, nobody on the left seemed to care. Bill Maher says racist things all the time, at least every other day, and nobody on the left cares. He gets a pass because he's liberal, and liberals are never racist, no matter what they say. And nobody on the left is going to care about what Colbert says, either. If Colbert was conservative he would be fired, black listed, run out of town. No place in America for bigots like him, doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. Not funny, not sensitive, racist, he would be fired and wouldn't get another job anywhere. But because he's liberal, it's okay. He gets a pass. Oops, my bad. All is forgiven.

"Double standard. Selective outrage. I wish once, just one time, liberals would hold one of their own to the same standard they hold everyone else."

Nimadan 2 hours ago:
"Erich, you're overthinking this. The man is a liberal fanatic. He's been hurting Whites
to support the cultural marxist agenda for his entire life and now his number is up.
It's time for Colbert to collect his karma so enjoy the show."

John
Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Admin

Here's the story. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/a...ian-americans/
Old 03-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

Ha, late to the party as usual. Guess I was lucky, grew up in a village in Quebec on the banks of the Richelieu River. Gotten to be a town now, my uncle and another man started it. Dad had our home built there and we moved in when I was 3. One room schoolhouse for most of my years there until they added a second room. Mostly English, Irish, Scots and French and we more or less all got along until WW II and later the sepaeratist thing.

Married the first time at 22, I think we were both seeking love and thought we would find it in marriage. When that ultimately did not happen we started to look for someone to blame, eventually divorce.

No people of African heritage thuogh later you would meet West Indians in Montreal. Moved to Ottawa in 1970, did lots of travelling, States, Europe, Australia. Eventually met Florence and we married, what are we? So far I have gotten back to my 5X GreatGrandfather Yorkshire but mainly Lincolnshire. Got all the way back to Florences 7X GreatGrandfather Italian married to a Spanish lady. Her 6X GreatGrandmother was titled, a Dona (Equivalent to an English Lady). Most delightful woman I have ever known.

But as far as the OP goes I believe we are both colour blind, people of all races have been welcomed in our home from time to time, was never otherwise.

How to solve the problem? Well after I left the church I did some studying, we were told to love our neighbour as ourselves. It struck me that you can't do that unless you love yourself and just maybe that is the root of the problem. It is quite possible to love yourself and still be aware of your faults. Doing that will allow you to truly love others, and you will find in that state of grace the power to address those faults and overcome them.

Sorry, thus endeth the sermon for the day.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-29-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:54 AM
Area Man

Pointing out bigotry makes you a bigot because you're bigoted against bigots?

Interesting concept.

Dave
Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Pointing out bigotry makes you a bigot because you're bigoted against bigots?

Interesting concept.

Dave
Is it bigoted or merely intolerant of bigots?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Is it bigoted or merely intolerant of bigots?
I was referring to the attempts, of late, of some folks to accuse anyone accusing others of being "racist" as being "racist" themselves against those whom they've accused of being racist.

In other words;

Robs says,

"Dave, I believe that was a racist statement you just made."

Dave replies,

"No, you're the racist!"

Rob,

"How's that?"

Dave,

"Because you always accuse white folks of being racist. Therefore you are racist against white folks! Bigot!"

It's the latest tactic. It's juvenile and absurd, of course, but it muddies the dialog enough to work on some folks.

Dave
Old 03-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Ah it is used as a tactic, but the fact still remains that we (you and I) are simply intolerant of bigots. At the same time I pity them because they are missing so much of life. Other people have much to offer and to shun that simply because they are not exactly the same as you are is rather sad.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Ah it is used as a tactic, but the fact still remains that we (you and I) are simly intolerant of bigots. At the same time I pity them because they are missing so much of life. Other people have much to offer and to shun that simply because they are not exactly the same as you are is rather sad.
Yep.

Dave