Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Yeah, the Republicans are noble, but that bitch tried to get everyone access to health care. Ruthless I tell ya!
It seems to me like ruthless is the only thing that is going to bring about change at this point. Hillary was saying what people wanted to hear while the other two weren't saying anything about shutting down the perks and tax breaks for companies exporting jobs, yet expecting Americans to continue to buy their goods.

If Obama continues down this road he's going to be the Carter of the new millennium. Before the Dems get ticked at me, hey, I voted for the guy. Wall Street is now living high off bailout money the same way they were before the big scare. Unemployment is rising and no one is doing anything to address it - in fact it's not even BEING addressed vocally. What, is the fact that it is no longer a voting year change everything? Yes, unfortunately it did.

If we're going to live in Corporate America, we need to be employed by Corporate America.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Exactly. If someone could return our economy to the condition it was in when Clinton was in office, would anyone care if the intern gave him a blow job? I wouldn't. I once heard Chris Rock say something to the effect "hell, *I'll* give the man a blow job!" I'm not quite to that point. But I sure wouldn't care what he did on his own time if he could get us going the right way.

The story goes like this:

George Dub Bush died, and was sent to visit the devil. The devil told him that because of overcrowding, he needed to release one of three other souls, and Dub would replace that soul.

The first room they visited had a man constantly climbing and descending a 200' flagpole. George said, "Don't think I can handle that one - I'm afraid of heights."

The second room had a man shoveling coal into a cheap Japanese steel furnace. George said, "That one won't work. I get the hives from heat."

When they reached the third room, they saw Bill Clinton sitting in a chair getting a BJ. George said, "Well, I guess I could handle that for eternity."

The devil replied, "All right, Monica, you're out of here."

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
"All right, Monica, you're out of here."

John
Old 01-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Area Man

My God, you guys are smart.........

Now, down at my simpleminded level.

Had another interesting conversation at work tonight. A couple of co-workers were discussing the concept of universal healthcare, as I was on the shop computer writing up my shift report. And this is what I hear; "Besides, you know damn well that if that public option thing had passed that employers would just start unloading people onto it by the millions so they don't have to pay for medical insurance anymore." "Yep, and then everyone would be stuck with it for life, no more free choice. And OUR taxes would go up to pay for it all. Fuck that." "Yeah, it's bullshit, why would any workin' stiff want that?"

So, I finish my work, log off the computer, push my chair back and join the conversation.
"Maybe so."
"Maybe so, what, Dave?"
"Maybe our taxes go up some. But consider a few things. First of all, you say employers would dump employees off of their plans."
"Yeah, of course they would."
"And who could blame them, that's a shitload of money, so much that a lot of companies claim that is one of, if not the biggest burden on them financially, right?"
"Right."
"So maybe if they unload this burden they become more competative and able to create more jobs? And what's wrong with that?"
"Our taxes will go up, and we don't get anything for it, fuck that."
"Nothing, Huh? You don't gain coverage you can't lose? You get laid off, it's there. You change jobs, no more waiting for your new coverage to kick in, it's there all the while. You can't be denied for a pre-existing condition. You become disabled and can't work, and it takes you a while to adapt and find another way to support yourself, but you never lose coverage through the entire process----None of this has any value to you guys?"
(Blank stare.)
"None at all, Huh. The status quo sounds superior to this somehow? And, besides, when was the last time either one of you had any real choice anyhow? Think about it, your whole lives you have pretty much had to take the insurance your employer offered or do without. That's about the only fuckin' choice you've ever had. Right?"

As I get up and head back out on the floor to shut my line down for the night, a raised voice behind me says;
"Yeah, well, this is America, and we believe you should have to WORK for the shit! You don't like it go live somewhere else! Ha, ha, ha."

Shaking my head, I calmly reply; "Thanks for the opinion, Rush."

Sheep. Sorry, but that's how I see it. Just a bunch of sheep doing whatever the barking dogs on FauxNews and the EIB Network tell them to.

Regards,

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-24-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Had another interesting conversation at work tonight. A couple of co-workers were discussing the concept of universal healthcare, as I was on the shop computer writing up my shift report. And this is what I hear; "Besides, you know damn well that if that public option thing had passed that employers would just start unloading people onto it by the millions so they don't have to pay for medical insurance anymore." "Yep, and then everyone would be stuck with it for life, no more free choice. And OUR taxes would go up to pay for it all. Fuck that." "Yeah, it's bullshit, why would any workin' stiff want that?"

So, I finish my work, log off the computer, push my chair back and join the conversation.
"Maybe so."
"Maybe so, what, Dave?"
"Maybe our taxes go up some. But consider a few things. First of all, you say employers would dump employees off of their plans."
"And who could blame them, that's a shitload of money, so much that a lot of companies claim that is one of, if not the biggest burden on them financially, right?"
"Right."
"So maybe if they unload this burden they become more competative and able to create more jobs? And what's wrong with that?"
"Nothing, Huh? You don't gain coverage you can't lose? You get laid off, it's there. You change jobs, no more waiting for your new coverage to kick in, it's there all the while. You can't be denied for a pre-existing condition. You become disabled and can't work, and it takes you a while to adapt and find another way to support yourself, but you never lose coverage through the entire process----None of this has any value to you guys?"
(Blank stare.)
"None at all, Huh. The status quo sounds superior to this somehow? And, besides, when was the last time either one of you had any real choice anyhow? Think about it, your whole lives you have pretty much had to take the insurance your employer offered or do without. That's about the only fuckin' choice you've ever had. Right?"

As I get up and head back out on the floor to shut my line down for the night, a raised voice behind me says;
"Yeah, well, this is America, and we believe you should have to WORK for the shit! You don't like it go live somewhere else! Ha, ha, ha."

Sheep. Sorry, but that's how I see it. Just a bunch of sheep doing whatever the barking dogs on FauxNews and the EIB Network tell them to.

Regards,

Dave
You did a really good job of explaining that, Dave. If Obama had spoken as you did we might have a decent health care bill with lots of public support.

John
Old 01-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Area Man

I dunno, John. My explanation didn't phase these guys much. I did sense that during the "blank stare" moment, I had at least gotten them to shut up and listen. But, 15 minutes later, in the locker room, they were cracking jokes about how "that dumbass in the Whitehouse failed to achieve anything." Amazing isn't it, my friend?

Dave
Old 01-24-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
I dunno, John. My explanation didn't phase these guys much. I did sense that during the "blank stare" moment, I had at least gotten them to shut up and listen. But, 15 minutes later, in the locker room, they were cracking jokes about how "that dumbass in the Whitehouse failed to achieve anything." Amazing isn't it, my friend?

Dave
Yes, it is.

John
Old 01-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Resident octogenarian

I don't know what else you could expect from people who earn less than $350,000 a year and vote Republican. I mean to say if they are that effing stupid they probably still believe the moon is made of green cheese.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:

"Maybe so."
"Maybe so, what, Dave?"
"Right."
(Blank stare.)

Regards,

Dave

Dumping employee to save money ? Are you a republican ?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I don't know what else you could expect from people who earn less than $350,000 a year and vote Republican. I mean to say if they are that effing stupid they probably still believe the moon is made of green cheese.
Maybe, but what about the unemployed democrat who's still that way and
is going to stay that way under this administration, HELLO