Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2009, 08:44 PM

The OTHER versions of the health bill

So far, I am only able to find one verson of House Resolution 3200, the health care reform bill dated July 14, 2009:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...3200ih.txt.pdf

There are at least four other versions floating out there that I can't find. I was hoping that some here might know where they might be.

My mom is rip-roaring angry and very scared. My dad is talking sitting on the steps of the Capitol and letting government agents shoot him. They watched today's (August 11) New Hampshire town hall meeting where Obama was the one giving the answers to questions, and they swear on Bibles that Obama said that there WILL be "death panels" to determine whether one is sufficiently productive in society, that there WILL be cutoffs of drugs for the elderly so that they die off, and that there WILL be mandatory "flu" inoculations or face being arrested and quarantined in camps, I am the one that has to deal with the fallout.

They believe the transcript of the town hall meeting from today's New York Times has been edited and is false, and does not accurately reflect the actual meeting.

When I tell them that this fearmongering and outright lies aren't true because "I have seen NOTHING in the bill. It's not there", I get "Did you read all four or five bills? It's in there! Rush says so!" stuff. It's like talking to a brick wall. They hear or believe one thing, and quoting one version of the bill is insufficient. I need the others.

No, they do not have Alzheimer's. No they are not crazy. They simply do not want any changes to what they have already. Yes, they believe Rush Limbaugh. They are solid Republicans.

So. If Rush Limbaugh can get a hold of the other versions of the health bill and be able to read these things, then I should be able to access them, too. Anyone have the slightest clue of where the other versions are?

Last edited by OvenMaster; 08-11-2009 at 08:57 PM.