Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:08 PM

Begin with the End in Mind

Tonight my mind rattles with Bernie Sander's plans for better laws. They would sound good if I wanted to revisit the 1970's. That period was exciting but I don't want to go back

I want to go forward. I want change.

What I don't understand is why politicians are afraid to show what their future cities would look like. People want purpose in their lives. They want to begin with the end in mind. Covey taught that to Americans during the 1990s.

IMO politicians need to show people how their rules will pan out in stone. If they did that then voters would stick with a vision, with an end in mind, even as the politicians change. The voters vision would be honest work.

In America the "End in Mind" could be as simple as pointing to NYC advertising and NC tech and working together to leave more water west of the Mississippi.

Having spent enough time on the Lonesome, Onry, and Mean skirt of the landscape, I am ready to report back that there is want of community out here. That is my "End in Mind".
Old 06-30-2016, 07:37 AM
Ready

As I was recently saying, it's hard to get to Tacoma if you don't know that Tacoma is where you want to go. The goal of a ' more just, verdant, and peaceful world' isn't bad...
Old 06-30-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
I want to go forward. I want change.

In America the "End in Mind" could be as simple as pointing to NYC advertising and NC tech and working together to leave more water west of the Mississippi.
Simple truth here to be told, not enough water for the people who choose to live there. But the people still move and live in a desert environment expecting a totally different outcome. The truth to this problem would be DON"T MOVE TO THE DESERT! But still they do!

If a politician told the hard truths and the struggles needed they would never get elected. People say they want the truth, but don't really. Willing accept a lie as truth if it is an easy path with little immediate consequences.

Fracking is a prime example, If the truth were to be told and known by everyone. As some are trying to do BTW! It would still be done because the people want cheap energy now! Little thought to tomorrow.

The Greatest Generation maybe followed by the last!

Barney