Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:35 AM

I'm concerned that the inestimably costly lessons of the period of German History from the Edwardian era thru 1960 will become lost without reexamination of the causes and effects of the occurances. The lessons include human nature as individuals and as groups and how influences drive motivation and behavior.
In many ways with what happened in Germany in the 1930s was a calculated preplanned seemingly miraculous recovery in the service of an unimaginably evil agenda, very effectively realized to a devastating end.
Anything that sparks interest in what happened, how, and why, including interest in the prophecies and effects of this pivotal document to avoid the repetition of this disastrous scenario will give this testament a better if unintended purpose and legacy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Mutated Member

It is a very pivotal and unfortunately a very important document. So I am glad that there will be this edtion with the huge scientific commentary. "Unfortunately" because it shows what human paranoia is capable of.

Last edited by HarmanKardon; 03-28-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
You Americans simply adore the Barking Monster...

Auction house Sanders in Los Angeles sold two signed copies of "Mein Kampf" for 40000 Euros. Last year similar copies had been sold for 64000 Euros.

What are these guys doing with that crap? Getting a moist crotch while looking at the signature? They can't read the books even if they understand German because it is written in Fraktur (German type / Gothic type).
Welcome home my Black Forest companion.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:57 AM
Mutated Member

Nice to meet you again!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
If you drill down far enough you usually don't hit rational reasons.
That's because our base isn't rational. IIRC it was the Ionians that came up with experiencing life through a rational perspective.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Resident octogenarian

The one individual who contributed greatly to Adolf's rise to power has not been mentioned so far and he was not a German but a Frenchman - Clemanceau.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The one individual who contributed greatly to Adolf's rise to power has not been mentioned so far and he was not a German but a Frenchman - Clemanceau.
Clemenceau was actually criticized at home for not getting all that the French wanted. Anyway, Clemenceau wasn't alone. All the Great Powers were behind the Treaty of Versailles, some very much so, and all had a hand in fashioning it. Hell, Woodrow Wilson claimed that the treaty was proof that America was the world's savior.

The truly odious Article 231 of the Treaty of Versailles, the "War Guilt Clause", was written primarily by another American, the hateful architect of the Cold War, John Foster Dulles. Even he later came to regret it.

John
Old 03-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Sir, it is time for you to notice emoticons and interprete them correctly instead of being huffy. Do I disparage Americans? So what I am doing here in this totally American forum? Posting 1365 times?????????????????????

You did not read my post carefully enough: I did not write "What are YOU guys..." but "What are THESE guys..." which should, togehter with the used smilies, clarify the actual attitude expressed in my first sentence!

For you, donquixote99, the modified post:

Some Americans simply adore The Barking Monster...

[...]
HK, I know you well be to a person of good-will, but that is, alas, never a guarantee against attitude. People are often inconsistent in their feelings!

I generally am of the opinion that text trumps emoticons, emoticons do not cancel text. You perhaps recall the old high school bully game--a guy hits another hard and painfully on the shoulder, then says 'sorry?' A can be sort of like the "sorry," so used.

But I fully accept you were not playing that game, and I jumped on you too hard. Sorry! (really! )
Old 03-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Rational Anarchist

I use emoticons to show the facial expression with which the preceding words were spoken.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
HK, I know you well be to a person of good-will, but that is, alas, never a guarantee against attitude. People are often inconsistent in their feelings!

I generally am of the opinion that text trumps emoticons, emoticons do not cancel text. You perhaps recall the old high school bully game--a guy hits another hard and painfully on the shoulder, then says 'sorry?' A can be sort of like the "sorry," so used.

But I fully accept you were not playing that game, and I jumped on you too hard. Sorry! (really! )
- -